“Good meal, good view” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Timbers Restaurant

The Timbers Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Timbers Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 55 Restaurants in Stateline
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Kahle Drive
Transit: The local bus service stops right at our property many times throughout the day.
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Good meal, good view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

We were comfortably seated in the rear portion of the restaurant with large windows facing Lake Tahoe scenery. My husband ordered the turkey chili which he compared to chicken tortilla soup. It was filling and good. I had roasted salmon accompanied by green beans, rice with corn in it, plus a green salad. I had wondered about the corn in the rice, but it was delicious, especially with the sauce that accompanied the salmon. We also appreciated the bread basket. Prices were reasonable, service was friendly and helpful; we would return.

Visited April 2012

california
“If it ain't broke don't fix it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

I'm sad to say that some changes have been made at the Timber House R&B. No more prime rib for under $15, no more potato skins, no more great wine. What happened???? It seems like they are trying to dress up the place with a new menu. This is NOT an upscale place. You have to walk through a smoky, dingy, old casino to get there, and once you get in, it looks exactly like what it is - a casino restaurant, where you hope to get some decent food at a good price in between losing your money at the tables. But the food and service were better than decent! It was such a nice surprise. Now, prices are higher, portions are smaller and quality and service are less than average.

They brought over a fancy bread basket with a variety of breads - some stale - with butter and rosemary olive oil. I guess that is one of the "fancy" touches they added to justify raising the prices. The potato skins we loved so much are gone. (The menu is much smaller). Instead we ordered "fries" smothered in cheese and bacon which arrived dressed up in fancy presentation -wasn't the same; they were soggy. My hubby and I had the prime rib. He said his was fine. I liked the glazed carrots. My son had a one tiny slider for $4.50. It wasn't that great - he was happy with the small portion.

We've been coming here regularly every winter and we've always had a great time and good food - we've even always had the same waiter. Things have changed and we don't like it. For the money, we can go to a fine dining restaurant and have better food and service.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Good bye Timber House, it was great knowing you.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank triptakers
San Antonio
“Can't wait to get back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

Timber House is always magnificent. We have it on our "must do" list every time we are in Tahoe. The Prime Rib dinner is a must have ... and the late night/early morning corned beef hash and eggs are on the list too. Simply the best in Tahoe

Visited March 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Pretty good, especially for a small casino”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

24 hour service is great for a long day at Tahoe. We ordered Nachos- very good. Real melted cheese, real guacamole, real sour cream, real tomatoes. All really good for $5. I had the 2-Egg, Bacon, Hashed Brown Potato and Toast special. $4.99. Very good quality.

Visited April 2012
Fair Oaks, California
“Good points Bad points”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2012

My husband had the Tri Tip Lunch yesterday - he really enjoyed the tri tip but the sauce was a very pleasnt surprise - a lovely beef wine reduction that went perfectly with the crisp vegetables and potaotes. His biggest dissapointment was the green salad with Blue Cheese dressing. The salad was sort of wilted and had chunks of iceberg lettuce core. The dressing was very acidic and didn't taste good at all - we left the salad. I had the French dip that was a notch above normal french dips. The Cole Slaw was to sweet for my taste - but that is me and no fault of the restaurant. The wines by the glass are well priced and my husband swooned over The Karly at $5.00 a glass. We have been here many times and the prime rib dinner is very good for the price. The warm sourdough bread is a winner. We like the locals type atmoshere and will be coming back.

• Visited February 2012