“Great stay at Harveys”

GreenLeadersSilver level
debsnc@earthlink.net
“Great stay at Harveys”
Reviewed September 28, 2006

We stayed at Harveys Sept. 22 - 27, 2006. We arrived and checked into VIP services and was in our room within 20 minutes. Our suite was on the 18th floor overlooking the beautiful lake, unobstructed view. Just gorgeous. A balcony provided the most wonderful visuals. The room was vast with two bathrooms, living area, small dining area and huge bedroom. Floor to ceiling windows surrounded the entire suite.
Housekeeping brought us a fridge within 10 minutes. I must say housekeeping was fantastic. The room has a large tv with a vcr, dvd player and stereo. Internet connection was also available in the suite.
The entire staff at Harveys was terrific. Very professional and so very very nice. I couldn't have been happier with the service.
When I came down with a cold on the second day they sent a humidifier up to the room.
The food was fantastic everywhere we dined. We ate at Kitchen 19, Seafood buffet, Sage Room, Fridays and the Carriage House.
Entertainment consisted of the Improv (wonderful show) and the adult show "Debbie loves Dallas" (not really our cup of tea) Showroom was small and intimate, terrific seats.
We took a tour of the lake ( arranged by our host) and a boat tour on the Tahoe Star ( amazing time).
The weather was cooler but lovely.
Casino was a little tight at first but soon we were winning and having a great time. Cocktail servers were friendly and casino employees very nice. The Diamond lounge offered incredible views and lovely service.
I would definately return to Harveys/Harrahs
We visit a lot of Harrahs properties and we were treated the best here.
Oh the tunnel to Harrahs is a definate plus as we frequented both properties many many times during our stay.
I recommend this property very much.

• Liked — The view, layout, service
  • Tips/Secrets — Try to get the highest floor level with lake view on the California side
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
3 Thank debsnc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (924)
Sacramento Valley
Reviewed September 14, 2006

We stayed at Harveys because we wanted to be close to Casinos, South Lake Tahoe eating establishments and to South Tahoe Golf. We stayed in early August, and the temp was cooler than normal. Our room was recently rennovated and was clean, room and comfortable. The service in the coffee shop was suspect...either a bad day for service folks or they are bad.
The location is central to the other South Tahoe Casinos. Lot's of families there for summer vacation. No luck in there Casinos.
I'd say if you can get a good rate then it is not a bad place to stay but some of the restaurant folks may be suspect, which makes me consider staying there again. We also tried Harrah's buffet across the street and it was average too. If you go to Harrah's Reno. Try their buffet if your hungry.

• Liked — Location, Nice and comfortable rooms
  • Disliked — Their Service Folks
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't eat there!
  • Stayed August 2006
9 Thank SeminarTrekker
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed July 26, 2006

We stay at Harvey's about 10 times per year. To be fair, our stays are always free due to my diamond player status, but I can still be objective about the hotel as I've stayed in most of their rooms.

I have stayed in the mountain tower, lake tower and suites at Harvey's. Obviously, the suites are amazing. They all have balconies that you can go out on that overlook the lake. They have two bathrooms, two showers and an awesome jacuzzi tub in front of a large window that overlooks the lake. There is also a separate living room and bedroom. The living room has a big screen TV, sleeper sofa, loveseat, chairs, dining table, bar area and full stereo/cd player. Can't say enough about it. Harrah's has similar suites, but they do not have a balcony to go out on.
Great place for a large family or bachelor/bachelorette party as there is plenty of room to move around!

Next after the suite level would be the Lake Tower. Both the Lake and the Mountain towers are connected, but the Lake Tower is the newer of the two. Definitely larger rooms and closer to the lake, hence 'Lake Tower'. These rooms all have just one bathroom, tub and shower. As opposed to Harrah's that has two bathrooms in the same class room, albeit farther from the lake.

I understand that the Mountain Tower rooms were recently upgraded but haven't seen them for myself. I pretty much refuse to stay in that tower anymore because I always felt clastrophobic, but maybe with the remodel they are a bit better. For my money I would pay the little extra to stay in the Lake Tower.

Additionally, you should always ask for the California side, almost to the point of insistence. Odd numbered rooms are on the Cal side. While you can see the lake from either side, Cal or Nevada, you will look over the parking lot and parking structure from the Nevada side. You also want to try to get a room with the lower last two numbers. For example, room 1403 is much more preferable than 1441. The lower the number the closer to the lake. Also, somewhere above the 10th floor you should have an unfiltered view of the lake. Below that, you will still have a view, but it may be through some trees. Unless you are going on a super busy weekend, you should be able to move your room around to get what you desire. They are usually fairly accomodating.

Whatever you do, be sure to sign up for the players card when you are there and use it while you play. The offers you get in the mail will always be cheaper than anything you can book online.

36 Thank mikeinsac
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 2, 2006

Booked stay (4 nights) through total rewards which included some free play money and free tickets to Improv COmedy show. Was offered Mountain room for free but decided to upgrade to a premium room which was well worth it. First 2 nights in room on 18th floor of Lake TOwer were good. Nice view of golf course & lake. Room developed a strange odor the second day so they moved us to another room on the 18th floor with an even better view of Heavenly mountain and more of the Lake! Room was well appointed, comfortable and clean. Room service was fabulous, Hard Rock was pretty good , as was American River Cafe. Improv was great as usual. Gambling was unbelievably difficult. Nothing on slots and very little luck in blackjack. Even the dealers were apologizing...... but, with wonderful service and fantastic views, losing your money is a bit easier to take. Upon checkout, the hotel did not even charge us for the first two nights. I will most definitely return to Harveys

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Portola, California
Reviewed June 18, 2006

We stayed here recently for our one year anniversary, and had a great time. The rooms were fabulous, the staff was courteous, and the activities were endless! The only complaint I can possible give is that the food at the 24 hour restaurant was not good at all, and we sure didn't win much at the slots... But, the drinks were great, and Cabo Wabo was a blast! The food there is wonderful, and the staff was quick and drinks were great. If you're looking for a great room with a view, Harveys is definitely one to go to!

6 Thank TravelinFools2006
Seattle
Reviewed June 13, 2006

i checked into harveys, and just to let you know, its the best place to stay in town, but that is not saying a whole lot. The room was 1822, I am still here as I right this. Its a great room, kinda big, with a view of the lake. A TV in the bathroom, so the room is fine but my main complaint is THIS AINT VEGAS!!!!!!!!!!

I dropped 4200 in video poker and table games in 5 hours and expected to get compleed. I called the guy at the hotel that does the upgrades and he never returned my call so I am -----.

Oh well, its a great hotel but the rating system sucks.

Phil

4 Thank NorthwestMusician
Chico, CA
Reviewed April 28, 2006

My husband and I stayed at Harrah's while attending a conference. My favorite amenity at this hotel is the presence of TWO bathrooms. It is incredibly convenient, and each bathroom boasts its own TV and telephone. They advertised wireless internet for $10.95 per 24 hours, but we were able to connect free of charge using nearby Caesar's "Net Bleu." The room was spacious and clean. The carpet could have benefited from being replaced or stretched, but the room was very comfortable. The walk-in closet was a plus. Check-in staff were pleasant and accommodating. The room was paid for by my husband's employer, but I thought I would ask for a "quiet room with a view," nevertheless. We were on the 11th floor, with a partial lake view--we were very satisfied. The breakfast buffet ($10.95, including beverage) was excellent, and the accompanying view from the 18th floor was terrific.

I recomment Harrah's without reservation.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
11 Thank TennisJewell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stateline
Harrah's Lake Tahoe
Harrah's Lake Tahoe
#1 of 9 in Stateline
Montbleu Resort Casino & Spa
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#9 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Lakeside Inn and Casino
Lakeside Inn and Casino
#2 of 9 in Stateline
Marriott's Timber Lodge
Marriott's Timber Lodge
#10 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe

Been to Harveys Lake Tahoe? Share your experiences!