“Free rooms for players and a great location”
Review of Harveys Lake Tahoe

Harveys Lake Tahoe
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Stateline
GreenLeadersSilver level
Napa, California
“Free rooms for players and a great location”
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

My hubby is a poker player and his Diamond status with Harveys got us a free lake view room in South Tahoe for 2 nights. It's a little old and a little tired decor-wise, but the bed is comfortable and the location is pretty good for zipping over to the golf course or down to the beach or restaurants. Also the restaurant (19) at the top of Harveys boasts one of the best restaurant views in Tahoe and the food was equally impressive.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank USNomad257

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (971)
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

I booked harveys from my iphone thinking this is going to be a nice hotel. It was extremely hard to find parking. When we checked in we had to pay a 20 dollar resort fee, when we didn't go to the gym or the pool. The room was clean, but the top of the shower was dirty and leaking. My father liked that the casino was in the building. I would not stay at this hotel against recommend it to anyone.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Jordan M
San Rafael, California
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at Harvey's.
We were in the mountain tower, which is the older section.
The room was nice and roomy. Very clean and modern. We were on the 9th floor with a southeast view. Although we were looking over the unattractive top of our hotels casino, just looking beyond it was the beautiful mountains of heavenly, the "strip", and a bit of the lake. A beautiful sunset!!
My only complaint was the bed was softer then I prefer, but it was still comfy. (Nice pillows and sheets, too.)
The location is great. That is just obvious!
We ate at the hard rock, very good. Played in the casino, fun. Played in the arcade, more fun!
Swam at both pools. I felt the Harvey's pool was more adult, where the Harrah's pool had lots of kids. Both nice pools, but the outdoor space at Harrah's was better with the grass in addition to the domed poolside space.
The fitness centers looked great in both locations, but I got all of my exercise outside, so I didn't use them.
The woman who checked me in, I believe her name was Candy, was very nice and helpful.

I did have one strange interaction with a rude bellman who rushed his cart by us, and made a rude comment that was both unnecessary and not at all helpful. Maybe he was having a bad day..
Aside from that, it was a very nice stay. I will definitely return.

• Stayed July 2014
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I reserved a King room for one night. When we arrived we were told there were no King rooms. The exact same thing was happening to the woman next to me who had also booked a King room. So, I'm not sure if this is something they do routinely: make you think you are getting a King room so you book with them and then switch? She was equally if not more upset and when I left she was still raising a ruckus. My husband and I were told not to worry because we had a "really nice room" with two double beds. The beds and linens look like nice quality but our room looks out over the industrial roof of the casino and smells of lingering smoke. This was supposed to be a special trip and I am very disappointed.

4 Thank TCL_14
San Angelo
Reviewed July 25, 2014

All hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The room was large, clean and very comfortable! It is in walking distance to other casino, and definitely in driving distance. They also offer free airport shuttle service. We would stay here again.

1 Thank Dean M
Lodi, California
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed at Harvey's for one night. We made the reservations on line. Prior to our stay we received an email from Harvey's that we could upgrade our room for an additional $15-20. For that price we would get a room on an upper level of the hotel with a better view and a coffee maker. We declined. The room we received was on the 15th floor (Out of 18 I think) and our view was fine. My only complaint was that we did not have a coffee maker, but there is a Starbucks on the ground level close to the elevators. The room was very nice and it was extremely quiet. There is a Comedy Club at Harvey's with some great comedians like Rocky LaPorte from Last Comic Standing. Also at the hotel has a Hard Rock Restaurant and Cabo Wabo Restaurant. There was not a place at the hotel to eat a sit down breakfast though. I would (and will) stay
there again.

3 Thank GOSFND
Washoe Valley
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I've been to concerts here several times - just saw Carrie Underwood in concert there Friday night and had to let everyone know just how great this venue is.....again. Carrie was amazing, of course. A highlight was her singing "Before he cheats" and every woman in the audience singing along with her! The venue just gets better - they now have sky boxes, even more food and drink offerings and.... there was a cloudburst just before the gates were to open and they took the time to dry off every chair in the outdoor area. It is well organized, feels very comfortable and safe. I will be going back at the end of August to see The Eagles!

Room Tip: I have never stayed in a room here - I live an hour away.