“Good Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Lodi, California
“Good Stay”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed at Harvey's for one night. We made the reservations on line. Prior to our stay we received an email from Harvey's that we could upgrade our room for an additional $15-20. For that price we would get a room on an upper level of the hotel with a better view and a coffee maker. We declined. The room we received was on the 15th floor (Out of 18 I think) and our view was fine. My only complaint was that we did not have a coffee maker, but there is a Starbucks on the ground level close to the elevators. The room was very nice and it was extremely quiet. There is a Comedy Club at Harvey's with some great comedians like Rocky LaPorte from Last Comic Standing. Also at the hotel has a Hard Rock Restaurant and Cabo Wabo Restaurant. There was not a place at the hotel to eat a sit down breakfast though. I would (and will) stay
there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank GOSFND

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (924)
Washoe Valley
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I've been to concerts here several times - just saw Carrie Underwood in concert there Friday night and had to let everyone know just how great this venue is.....again. Carrie was amazing, of course. A highlight was her singing "Before he cheats" and every woman in the audience singing along with her! The venue just gets better - they now have sky boxes, even more food and drink offerings and.... there was a cloudburst just before the gates were to open and they took the time to dry off every chair in the outdoor area. It is well organized, feels very comfortable and safe. I will be going back at the end of August to see The Eagles!

Room Tip: I have never stayed in a room here - I live an hour away.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Charlayne C
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

We went to see a concert at the amphitheater and so just stayed one night. Our room was nice although it smelled horribly like smoke. We verified we were in a non smoking room but I think the smoke must just permeate up from the casino. After we were in the room for a couple minutes we didn't notice it anymore. The bathroom was fantastic, very large. The casino was fun to have right downstairs, it had a very bright and cheery feel. Not all casinos have the same vibe. It was nice to have a Starbucks right downstairs. It saved us a lot of money by not having to get room service. We would stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Coastalcalifornia
Nevada
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Harvey's is a great choice when visiting Lake Tahoe. Service is good and the views are just simply beautiful. The way that this hotel is positioned it is almost impossible not to get a great view from any room. Although I have never stayed below the ninth floor, I'm sure it's still good. They have a few good restaurants but the majority of our dinners are spent ordering room service because we can't seem to pull ourselves away from the view of the lake and the mountains. We also get personal pizzas from straw hat pizza to enjoy in our room. One of our two favorite hotels while in Tahoe.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank mushpins
Santa Maria, California
Reviewed July 15, 2014

The location is great and for the most part I don't have any major complaints, but the room could have been nicer. I was in a handicapped room and when I turned the air off, moths flew out of the vent. There were about five of them and I found that to be disgusting. Check-in was delayed because our room wasn't ready. After eight hours in a car, I was disappointed I couldn't check into my room right away. The family member I was travelling with is quite ederly and the beds were almost too high for her to get in to. The casino floor needs to be updated, but I found the waitresses came by regularly. All in all, it wasn't horrible and I would stay here again, but the hotel needs to be updated to be competitive.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Krisanc19
pittsburgh
Reviewed July 14, 2014

After spending a few days in San Francisco, drove to Harvey's. Service - from check-in to housekeeping, waitresses in the casino & staff at the various places we ate was friendly, efficient & helpful. We fit a lot of things into our short time there. Walked down the street to the gondolas that took us up to enjoy a spectacular view! Price for the ticket included $15 towards a meal, various other fun things to do outside of the eating lodge (especially for the younger ones), and another ride on the ski lift to go even higher. The shoppes that surround the gondola entrance had many great stores & eating places (Pizza @ Base Camp was really good!) Took a cruise on Lake Tahoe aboard the Safari Rose - a great night with an open bar & small group to enjoy the trip. Took a ride to Genoa & had a drink at the oldest bar in Nevada (163 years?!) Had dinner our last nite @ the nearby Chart House - excellent! Although I didn't hit big at the casino, I won on a fairly regular basis & still came home with some of my small gambling fund (anyone that's not a big spender but likes to play knows that's a bonus!) Some previous reviews complained about the crowded elevators, too pricey restaurants, etc. I was surprised reading these, as I didn't experience any of those problems... In closing, would definitely return to Harvey's!

Room Tip: Wifi was $10/day but it was deducted from wifi (so, technically - was free if you paid resort fee)
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank karentPittsburgh
Northern California
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Stayed on a family trip. I like Harvey's because it's always dependable. We got upgraded to a suite with a view of the lake. The suite had a king size bed, 2 bathrooms, 2 showers and a tub with jets. The tub was facing the lake so you could take a relaxing bath while taking in the view of the lake. Also a balcony. There's a dining area and siting area for lounging and guests in the suites. Our suite had a huge flat screen, bar area , sink and mini fridge. The couch was also a convertible bed. Great place to meet up if you're going to be with a group or a great place if you want a relaxing or romantic time in tahoe

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank LovelyLou777
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stateline
Harrah's Lake Tahoe
Harrah's Lake Tahoe
#1 of 9 in Stateline
Montbleu Resort Casino & Spa
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#9 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Lakeside Inn and Casino
Lakeside Inn and Casino
#2 of 9 in Stateline
Marriott's Timber Lodge
Marriott's Timber Lodge
#10 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe

Been to Harveys Lake Tahoe? Share your experiences!