“Nice room!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Austin, TX
“Nice room!”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Stayed on the 12th floor with an excellent view of the lake. What a great way to wake up each day. The room was large and clean. However the bed / pillows were not the most comfortable. Everyone was very friendly and helpful with whatever I needed or had questions about. I didn't like the $11 internet fee, but I had to do some work so didn't have much choice.
The food at Hard Rock was surprisingly good - I think that is the only place in Harvey's we ate. We walked over to Harrah's otherwise.
Great location - if it was ski season, you could walk to the ski lifts. Walking distance to shopping / restaurant area. My room was a comp so I don't know about the value... for me it was a great value!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank ktflisa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (684)
San Bruno, California
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I along with our 2 dogs stayed here a lot of times and each time we are very pleased. My husband loves his casino and sports book and it's nice that a hotel with a casino can accommodate people with pets. Rooms are spacious, clean, view is spectacular, and the beds are BIG! They pass out treats and bowls for each pet. Location is great!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Orchid_Sunshine_Boo
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 18, 2014

my partner and i did a californian road trip and were lucky enough to book harveys while staying in lake tahoe, tired after a long drive, the staff were friendly and informative. considering the number of hotels we stayed in on this trip, this one was very good value for money. hotel reception clean and tidy, clean casino, small but adequate gym, fantastic views while pounding the treadmill. pool area clean. room lovely size, bathroom spotless. short walk to restaurants drinking places. lovely, will recommend to friends. will return when visiting lake tahoe.

2 Thank enncle
San Leandro, California
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I stayed in a executive room on the 19th floor. It was outdated and nothing like the pictures online. Our shower was not cleaned upon arrival. Half empty shampoo bottle and soap bar were opened in the shower and are AC was broken. We also got bed bugs, the grosses thing ever. I called Harvey's and the front dest transferred me to security. The security officer was not helpful and just took a report. I asked to talk to a manager but they weren't in. Doesn't sound like I will get rembursed. Never will stay at Harvey's again it's so nasty!

• Stayed April 2014
8 Thank Becc_Em
Fairfield, California
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

My wife, baby and I spent 3 nights for my bithday...the room was very nice and comfortable with great view of the lake... we really loved the room sevice and food!! the poker room is right next to the elevators so it was perfect for me!! the outdoor pool ans spa is really nice with good scenary... i recommened harveys or harrahs when you wanna stay in lake tahoe!!

Stayed August 2013
4 Thank Aldrich Glen S
washington state
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We stayed at Harveys on our way to Reno, NV. Have never been to Lake Tahoe and will go back. There is so much to see and do. The service at Harveys was great, they upgraded us to a lake view room at no cost and the room was large and well appointed. We enjoyed being able to go in the off season as there were no crowds. Our only regret is that we had not planned to stay longer.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank psmwfd
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 9, 2014

While the views are spectacular...........and I came here for two purposes: one to play golf at Edgewood which is divine, and two, to play cards/blackjack.......which was very unappealing, there is only ONE way to describe this place........dingy. Not dirty........dingy. It just has an old, worn feel, like an older motel...........or diner.........nothing new or updated or modern about the place. Except possibly the check in area desks and computer. But the rooms, though comfortable and adequately furnished are nothing to write home about. However, Tahoe in general is a BEAUTIFUL place. And you can't miss the lake, golf course, scenery, etc. generally in the area. But Harveys itself? MEH!

Casino games appeared dated.......at least didn't notice newer slot machines though I'm not too much of a slot person. But I DO play and enjoy blackjack. Rules are horrible unless you play higher limit games. 6-5 paid on BJ......which EVERYONE should avoid if possible. But if you bet at a higher minimum table they didn't have that rule. Regular 3-2 paid on blackjack. But can only double 9-10-11. So just make sure you watch what games you play.

Harveys is owned by Harrah's corporation, now Ceasars Entertainment since they bought each other or merged. Harrah's across street is listed as better property and the casino is newer appearing. Same rules on games, though. Connected by underground walkway with Cabo Wabo Cantina in bottom between the two.

Overall, just a little disappointed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank M J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stateline
Harrah's Lake Tahoe
Harrah's Lake Tahoe
#1 of 9 in Stateline
Montbleu Resort Casino & Spa
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe
Lakeside Inn and Casino
Lakeside Inn and Casino
#2 of 9 in Stateline
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#9 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Marriott's Timber Lodge
Marriott's Timber Lodge
#10 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe

Been to Harveys Lake Tahoe? Share your experiences!