“You call this DELUXE?”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sacramento, CA
“You call this DELUXE?”
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

I have fond memories of Harvey's that have just been crushed by last night's stay. I booked a "deluxe mountain tower king above the tree line." What I got was a mid-level motel-grade room on the fourth floor next to the elevators and ice machine looking out onto the air conditioning ducts and satellite dishes. Add to that the lousy $20 resort fee (free local phone calls! [--]). It was late and I didn't feel like a fight, so I ate a pizza and went to bed. The property itself has a slightly shabby look. I'll never go back.

Stayed August 2013
1 Thank George W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (876)
Queens, New York, United States
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Our room on the 8th floor was recently updated and it was spacious and overlooked lake tahoe. The bathroom was awesome. It had 2 rooms, 2 sinks, seperate bath and shower, and a seperate wc. It makes getting ready with 2 people at the same time really easy. I suggest eating at the Sage Room steakhouse. Amazing staff and food. I do not suggest eating at 19. It is great for a drink and the view but I would stop there. The food is not very good to be honest. We sent back a small plate. Overall, I would say Harveys is worth it for the nice rooms and if you are seeing a concert there, you cannot beat walking to and from the venue in a few minutes.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Chester, Cheshire, UK
Reviewed August 5, 2013

An average 4 night stay with a basic room with TV and bathroom, but that's it. No fridge or drink making facilities and a TV with a very disappointing channel choose. Won't be rushing back I'm afraid. Amenities on site offer a considerable selection for the slot machine junkies together with a great love concert venue.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
NYC
Reviewed August 2, 2013

As others have stated - the property can be considered a bit dated, however, the staff (particularly the bartenders & waitresses) certainly make up for that. Always welcoming, polite, efficient, etc, you will not be left waiting for service.

As it was their busiest weekend of the season, we were given what I can only say is probably one of the "worst" rooms on property. The check-in agent was rather abrupt and didn't say 3 words to us during the entire check in process. Maybe because she knew the room she was giving us was a bit of a dud. Our room was on the 5th floor of the mountain tower and overlooked the air conditioning units on the roof. It was rather small as well, with one dresser and a closet. On the plus side, the bed was very comfortable, the AC kept the temp just right, TV was a nice flat screen, the water pressure/shower head were fabulous and the housekeeping kept it immaculate.

There are two spots for breakfast - Cabo Wabo in Harveys and the coffee shop at Harrahs. Both were good choices, although at peak time the wait can be long.

It's a short walk from Harveys to the beach. Public access is $5 a day and worth it. There's also a restaurant there which makes a nice spot to dine and enjoy the lake/mountain view.

Room Tip: Lake Tower is nicer (and more $) than Mountain Tower but as long as you're not on the 5th floor...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Centerville, Utah
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We are at a conference so we would not have chosen this overpriced and tired hotel and casino. Can't say anything positive about the whole experience. The Fairfield by Marriott in Sparks NV does it much better than this place. If your experience is coming from a Marriott you will think you have died and gone to hell. Our so called non smoking room still stunk. You can't get the stink out even though the AC was set at 65 and roaring when we opened the door. The food at the restaurant for lunch was very mediocre and service was slow. We leave the hotel to find anything to eat.

Room Tip: Don't stay here or at Harrah's across the street.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank George F
Wisconsin
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I had thought that Harvey's on Lake Tahoe was an old and dated casino but was pleasantly surprised when we checked in. My wife and I stayed there 2 nights and were really impressed by the place. Our room must have been totally remodeled recently as it was absolutely great with everything new, and in great working order, and super clean. Also, the bath was large, which is great when 2 people are in the room. Probably one of the best casino rooms I have stayed in in several years. We did receive a room upgrade from that which is their standard fare.
They didn't seem to have many places to eat in the casino and only remember one café. that we came across. I think they have a gourmet dining room but we did not eat there. The parking is across from the hotel and if you are lucky, you won't have a long way to haul your luggage, and they do have valet service and you might consider using it at this hotel.
We really enjoyed our stay, and would certainly go back there if the occasion comes up again.

Room Tip: If you are lucky enough to get a high room, you get a really good view of Lake Tahoe.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Traveler491
Calif.
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stay at Harvey's two to four times a year. The staff have always been pleasant, friendly, helpful and respectful. The rooms are very clean, spacious, comfortable, and quiet. Some rooms have views of both the lake and mountains, some don't, but the view is still very nice. I have yet to have a bad meal at any of Harvey's restaurants and I have eaten at them all. I have never had a bad experience at Harvey's and this place will continue to be my first choice to stay whenever I visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stateline
Harrah's Lake Tahoe
Harrah's Lake Tahoe
#1 of 9 in Stateline
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,051 reviews
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe
Montbleu Resort Casino & Spa
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#9 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Marriott's Timber Lodge
Marriott's Timber Lodge
#10 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,056 reviews
Lakeside Inn and Casino
Lakeside Inn and Casino
#2 of 9 in Stateline

Been to Harveys Lake Tahoe? Share your experiences!