“Walls are too thin!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Concord, CA
“Walls are too thin!”
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

We went up to Lake Tahoe for 2 nights. We check into Harvey's and got the older tower. The room was nice but the walls were thin. We could hear everything in the hallway and the conversation next door. I had trouble sleeping at night because I could hear people talking as they pass our room. When I'm in the bathroom I heard our next door neighbor talking and she had her radio on. It sounded like they were in my room. Overall the room looks nice and the location was good but they need to soundproof the rooms!

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (692)
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stay at this place and we have an amazing time, the views are beautiful, and the service and the beds are really top of the notch, lucky me! if I return probably I will be coming back here.
I love the view, the lake is just minutes away.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Independence, California, United States
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have a handi-capped Boston Terrior (he has multiple sclerosis ) and I had to attend classes in Tahoe. So I booked a Pet Friendly room at Harveys. It was a large room with large floor to ceiling windows with a view of the lake.

The hotel staff made it very easy for us to keep our dog with us. They have a pet area very close by (behind the hotel), so we didn't have to worry about our dog making "mistakes" in the room.

The room was extremely clean and well kept. And the entire floor had either dogs or small children in them. Even so, we did not have a problem with noise, as is the case in many hotels.

Thank you Harveys! I had peace of mind knowing my dog was with me and not at a sitter.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sandee K
Orinda, California
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Upon arrival, checkin was easy and fast. I haven't been to the Tahoe-Casino hotels in a very long time. They gave me a Lake view room and was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were remodeled, clean and fairly large. Note: it was not a suite, it was their "luxury" two queen bed room. Depending on the season, the rates are pretty competative. I paid $49 per night b/c I signed up for their "total rewards" card which can be used to track your play when gambling. Every gambler should have any card the casino has. You want to get comped! I know there are deals for player cards where you can get the room for free with advanced booking. The $49 was of interest b/c other South Shore "motels" are more expensive and not as clean.

The downside of this hotel/casino is the casino itself. It's very outdated. I think once Harvey's and Harrah's merged, the company put more emphasis on the Harrah's hotel. That's where club Vex is and where the high roller tables are. So my advice is this, if you an get a room at Harvey's for free or on the cheap, not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Auburn, CA
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Our room had bodily fluids left smeared on the bedspread, and dribbled on the chair, dresser side, on top of the kleenex box, and in front of the bathroom sink. We complained and they "supposedly" cleaned the room and when we returned, the disgust was STILL there! Soooo gross! I tried to contact the hotel manager, and after getting the run around for two days via Arizona, I left three messages for "Stephan Humer", Harvey's hotel manager, and he won't even return my phone calls. I wouldn't stay there if it was free and I was homeless and frozen!

Room Tip: Don't go there unless you want to stay in someone's elses bodily excrements.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Petaluma, California
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We reserved a room for our anniversary and arrived at 9AM. We realized the check-in time was 3PM, however: we wanted to let the desk know we were there and were just checking to see if our room was ready.

The room wasn't ready so we went and had breakfast and walked around for quite a while.

I went back to check, if by some chance the room was ready. It wasn't.

I went back a third time and checked again. It wasn't ready, they did say they would put a rush on it. This was a rather odd statement to make, especially after my third attempt.

We were sitting in the lobby right in front of the check in desk. Finally at 2PM: five hours later I went to another desk and the lady there said they can't put a rush on the room. Then she said she can get me into another room if that's all I wanted. I took it. She got us into a room on the 17th floor with a beautiful lake view.

It has never taken us five hours to get into a room.

The room was fantastic with a great view. I only wish that our check in process would have been treated with greater sensitivity.

Room Tip: I would suggest a lake view room as I have seen pictures of mountain view rooms. I would ask to avo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Erlanger, Kentucky
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We were just here for one night, but could have stayed longer. Our room had a beautiful view of Lake Tahoe, and was huge! Very comfortable size (king room), and the bathroom was beautiful...all marble, separate dressing and bath area, and was very clean, too. We were here during the week, so it was quiet. I didn't appreciate the charge for WiFi, so didn't use it. That should be a given at this place! The accomodations were comfortable...we would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stateline
Harrah's Lake Tahoe
Harrah's Lake Tahoe
#1 of 9 in Stateline
Montbleu Resort Casino & Spa
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe
Lakeside Inn and Casino
Lakeside Inn and Casino
#2 of 9 in Stateline
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#9 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Marriott's Timber Lodge
Marriott's Timber Lodge
#10 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe

Been to Harveys Lake Tahoe? Share your experiences!