“A very excellent experience.....and great food”

Brooks' Bar & Deck at Edgewood Tahoe
Reserve with OpenTable
Brooks' Bar & Deck at Edgewood Tahoe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 61 Restaurants in Stateline
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Highway 50
Description: We did it. We redefined classic pub fare with an ambitious menu of our own, served it up with a side of lake views from our sun-drenched deck and topped it off with the lake's most iconic mojito. Brooks' Bar & Deck has taken its place as the premier post-play watering hole in the State of Nevada. Offering great food and an amazing atmosphere to enjoy with friends, Brooks' has become one of South Lake Tahoe's best restaurants that everyone can enjoy. Brooks' was recently selected by the editors of Golf Digest as one of the "Best Golf Pubs," joining an additional 10 other pubs worldwide in famous golfing locations including Pebble Beach, California; Pinehurst, North Carolina; St. Andrews, Scotland; and Doonberg, Ireland. With the majestic snow-capped Sierras in the distance, guests can relax on Brooks' expansive deck and take in the heavenly postcard-like views of the golf course and Lake Tahoe. Located right off Edgewood Tahoe's picturesque 18th hole, this is home to one of the greatest sunsets of the world, and it happens daily! Within, Brooks' feels very much like a sports bar designed by Frank Gehry: sweeping vaulted ceilings, walls of glass windows, a handsome wooden build. Yet the beautiful architecture belies the comfortable feel and attitude. With multiple flatscreen TVs tuned to the biggest games of the day, the bar features a number of quality local brews and a variety of signature cocktails. Casual dining fare, deluxe appetizers and entrees, and sophisticated comfort food all put Brooks' at the top of its class.
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We got lucky on Saturday night and called at 4:30 and got a reservation for 3 at 7:45pm. Greeted by a very attentive staff. Sue found us a great table with a fantastic lake view at sunset. Beautiful location. Very ADA accessible as I used my scooter with no problems. They even set up up a little ramp to assist me access down two little stairs.

Cocktails and corn chowder soup of the day started the meal. I had the Rib eye that was cooked to perfection. My friends had the fish specials. My friend Mike said the Sea Bass was good, but tough.

All meals were prepared well and served very professionally.

I felt the cost was a great value for the quality of the whole meal.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Edgewood was simply wonderful! The setting is looking out over Lake Tahoe. Western exposure gives you beautiful sunsets. The food was superb. I had the Elk Loin Chop which was the best I have ever tasted. My wife had the Kingfish which she said was very good. The service was wonderful without being obtrusive. The dress is business casual which was a pleasurable change from looking at shorts tee shirts and flip flops all day. Five minutes away from downtown Lake Tahoe transports you to a different world of country club elegance. Well done, Edgewood!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Amazing service. Beautiful sunset view right on the lake. Only complaint was the woman who brought her pampered pooch in on a pillow and sat at the table next to us. Don't get me wrong: I love dogs and have my own, but I do not bring them into a 4 star restaurant. Everything else about the restaurant, service, food, wine, etc was excellent! Will definitely come again.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

A great brunch in an idyllic setting, what more can you ask for? Great service? Check! Made to order omelets and eggs? Check! Outside seating? Check! While not the cheapest brunch in town, it's well worth the $14 they charge.

Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Started off at the bar. Perfectly made manhattan. Moved into dining room and WOW. What a view even with the shade screens up. Waiter was informative just not to personable. Well to be fair wasn't there for him anyway! Had a crab tart. Quite dry, crab was nice but couldn't taste the cheese and the tart was just a little bunt which you could taste. Salad was fresh but lemon dressing just didn't do it for me. My wife had the rib- eye which she absolutely enjoyed and to be honest was cool to perfection. Highly recommended the rib-eye.
I had the elk chop once again cooked perfect. Wasn't a big fan of the (forgive my spelling on this) spetzell dumpling like, with a cherry sauce but to be fair not a fan of the sweet sauces. Small wine list but very good and affordable. Dessert was the bananas foster! quite good withva great sweet tart cup. Finished the night with a watery expresso with no head but good coffee.