“Amazing dinner and view at sunset”

Brooks' Bar & Deck at Edgewood Tahoe
Reserve with OpenTable
Brooks' Bar & Deck at Edgewood Tahoe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 59 Restaurants in Stateline
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Highway 50
Description: We did it. We redefined classic pub fare with an ambitious menu of our own, served it up with a side of lake views from our sun-drenched deck and topped it off with the lake's most iconic mojito. Brooks' Bar & Deck has taken its place as the premier post-play watering hole in the State of Nevada. Offering great food and an amazing atmosphere to enjoy with friends, Brooks' has become one of South Lake Tahoe's best restaurants that everyone can enjoy. Brooks' was recently selected by the editors of Golf Digest as one of the "Best Golf Pubs," joining an additional 10 other pubs worldwide in famous golfing locations including Pebble Beach, California; Pinehurst, North Carolina; St. Andrews, Scotland; and Doonberg, Ireland. With the majestic snow-capped Sierras in the distance, guests can relax on Brooks' expansive deck and take in the heavenly postcard-like views of the golf course and Lake Tahoe. Located right off Edgewood Tahoe's picturesque 18th hole, this is home to one of the greatest sunsets of the world, and it happens daily! Within, Brooks' feels very much like a sports bar designed by Frank Gehry: sweeping vaulted ceilings, walls of glass windows, a handsome wooden build. Yet the beautiful architecture belies the comfortable feel and attitude. With multiple flatscreen TVs tuned to the biggest games of the day, the bar features a number of quality local brews and a variety of signature cocktails. Casual dining fare, deluxe appetizers and entrees, and sophisticated comfort food all put Brooks' at the top of its class.
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Amazing service. Beautiful sunset view right on the lake. Only complaint was the woman who brought her pampered pooch in on a pillow and sat at the table next to us. Don't get me wrong: I love dogs and have my own, but I do not bring them into a 4 star restaurant. Everything else about the restaurant, service, food, wine, etc was excellent! Will definitely come again.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

A great brunch in an idyllic setting, what more can you ask for? Great service? Check! Made to order omelets and eggs? Check! Outside seating? Check! While not the cheapest brunch in town, it's well worth the $14 they charge.

Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Started off at the bar. Perfectly made manhattan. Moved into dining room and WOW. What a view even with the shade screens up. Waiter was informative just not to personable. Well to be fair wasn't there for him anyway! Had a crab tart. Quite dry, crab was nice but couldn't taste the cheese and the tart was just a little bunt which you could taste. Salad was fresh but lemon dressing just didn't do it for me. My wife had the rib- eye which she absolutely enjoyed and to be honest was cool to perfection. Highly recommended the rib-eye.
I had the elk chop once again cooked perfect. Wasn't a big fan of the (forgive my spelling on this) spetzell dumpling like, with a cherry sauce but to be fair not a fan of the sweet sauces. Small wine list but very good and affordable. Dessert was the bananas foster! quite good withva great sweet tart cup. Finished the night with a watery expresso with no head but good coffee.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

This is a beautiful restaurant right at the shores of Lake Tahoe. It is minutes from South Lake Tahoe casino/lodging area.

We had a reservation about an hour before sunset - recommend this so you can see the lake; see the sunset; and enjoy the amazing views during dinner. This is now my favorite place to eat with a view of Lake Tahoe. There is both table and booth seating. We had a booth so it made it great to see the lake. There is free parking right by the lake and restaurant - so you can enjoy a few minutes by the lake before walking into the restaurant for dinner. The drive in to the restaurant is gorgeous as it is on the golf course property.

Food was very good - I had their scallop appetizer and their ahi tuna for my main. The person I was with had osco bosco for their main. Both were amazing. We enjoyed their banana fosters for dessert. Yummy.

Overall service was quite attentive. .....except for the end. I had ordered an expresso to enjoy with my dessert; the server then asked the person I was with if they wanted an expresso also. He said NO but would like a latte. The server cancelled my expresso as a result - and never really cared when I mentioned this when dessert arrived. I had to flag another person to get my expresso and then got a rude comment from my server that I had cancelled it. Say what? He did comp me the expresso however.

So overall service is attentive - but some of them have a bit of an attitude if there is an issue (but I would still recommend going).

Overall, great place to go for lakeside dining; highly recommended by locals also (I mentioned this to some locals); and on OpenTable (where I made my reservation) it consistently gets rated as: best ambiance, best food, and best overall.

There was both locals and tourists dining - and many were there celebrating special occasions as well. Their wine prices by glass give you a 1/3rd of a bottle of wine - we only had to order one glass each to enjoy a full wonderful glass of wine.

This is a great place to eat at Lake Tahoe (Note: If you are debating between the Cliff House and Edgewood, there is only one decision to be made for the best place - its the Edgewood. Bon appetit!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

The Edgewood is a picture perfect restaurant for any occasion. The building is a warm wooden framed structure and it adds to the experience as soon as you enter.
The view is super and hard to beat. We had the steaks and they were cooked to our liking. The service was at their best. They offer wine that looked very nice but we did not try any. All in all a nice experience. So what was the cost per meal? About $50 including tip. We would go back.