“Short stay in the Reno/Sparks area”

Western Village Inn & Casino
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Sparks
Taichung, Taiwan
“Short stay in the Reno/Sparks area”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Although the outer appearance of the Western Village casino hotel didn't make us feel too excited about spending 4 nights there, when we first arrived, we were positively surprised by the clean and spacious room. Most noteworthy was low room rate, especially when considering that it was super bowl weekend, when other hotels in the area charged more than double for a similar room. So, we would certainly stay there again when in town the next time, and also recommend the hotel to other travelers, who would like to stay at a decent place for a very reasonable price.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Citrus Heights, California
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Had a great time....rooms are large and very clean....people are very friendly...great place to gamble. ..and close to everything....park and shopping with in minutes....great food....a lot of food for the price

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Nashville, TN
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Although we have gambled there on many occasions, this was our first overnight. We already love the casino, and the food at both the deli & cafe is tasty, reasonably priced, and PLENTIFUL. The room was clean & comfy, and the price was definitely right. Will be back.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
lethab2000
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I was on a business trip and driving across the country via I-80 this seemed a good place to stop from the other reviews and is pet friendly. The room was updated, clean, comfortable and the staff was friendly. It is a casino and to check in or eat in the restaurants you have to go thru the smoky gaming areas. I could hear the people on the floor above me walking around making it difficult to get to sleep. I was going to eat in the steakhouse but since it was Saturday it was all booked up. I ended up eating at the Mexican place very tasty, reasonably priced, and great staff. Try the Chili Colorado, tender and spicy. I woke up to in room coffee and a walk around the lake with my dog, I would stay here again for the lake walk alone.

Room Tip: If you have a pet you will have to be on the first floor, if you don't ask for a top floor at th...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Battle Mountain
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Even though it is not one of the swanky motels we stay often because the rooms are clean and the marina side is lovely to view. The rates are great and even better with AARP. Parking is a problem in late afternoon and evening due to gambling patrons.

Room Tip: Average on cleanliness only due to fact that my husband is a smoker but when I walk in a room I don...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank D P
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Ran away for a long weekend. Had never stayed here before so I was unsure about it. I had heard good and bad about it. I thought it would be a decent place to stay without expecting to much. I was very surprised when I got to my room. It was much nicer then I expected and very clean. I am a picky person and the only thing I found that could be improved upon is a new toilet seat. It was a little worn, but clean. Also a microwave would have been nice.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank runawaymom2014
Lockwood, Nv
Reviewed January 23, 2014

You are not ignored like the big places but has all the amenities of a big place, but in a small package. Service was excellent people were friendly and there was plenty of parking. Have I reached my 200 character minimum?

Room Tip: Did not stay over night so could not comment on the rooms. Everything else was great.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sparks
Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno
Nugget Casino Resort
Nugget Casino Resort
#2 of 17 in Sparks
Peppermill Resort Spa Casino

Been to Western Village Inn & Casino? Share your experiences!