“A local start up makes Good!”

Great Basin Brewing Co.
Ranked #4 of 273 Restaurants in Sparks
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Wonderful home brewed options...excellent service...a fun place or groups !! Our group of 40 plus was warmly welcomed and provided with quick efficient service.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We love this place...it has become our go-to for a frosty mug of Beer and a great sandwich/hamburger/salad combo.
My Husband really likes the dark frothy wicked beers...I prefer the imperial and the chili beso...
the service is always friendly, and the food is some of the best brewhouse style in town.
We are always excited to see the "beer- battered" asparagus when they are preseted as a special. and the
garlic fries are the bomb!
We prefer the Sparks location, outside dining and live music at times makes it a special place to bring out- of town visitors.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I gave thus facility 4-stars/circles. In fact I'd say 3.5 is a better rating. I visit a lot of breweries and this place is average to just over. 12 or 13 styles on tap if I remember correctly, there will be something for every beer lover. The flagship beer here is the "Icky" IPA, which again is good to good+, I've had plenty of better IPA's and many very bad. The brewery facilities are located here at the Sparks facility, which you can look into.

A lot of people were eating and the food looked like solid pub food. The bread they sell also looked good.

The Sparks facility seems to be a heavy local crowd. I was told the newer Reno location is dominated by tourists.

I'd say this was the 2nd best brewery in the Reno/Sparks area... And if you don't like Belgian styles, well, it is probably the best.

Service was efficient, but not overly friendly. The owner was also at the bar and talking beer with guests.

There is a large parking lot behind the brewery.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We can always count on a great brew on tap at Great Basin. Tried the Death by Chocolate ale for the first time and it was smooth and yummy. Great service at a clean table - ordered the fish and chips light (3 substantial pieces of deep fried beer battered cod and a healthy serving of a fresh green salad with garlic vinegarette dressing) and had great conversation with good friends. Lots of TV's airing sporting events for the avid basketball fans but not so intrusive that we could not enjoy our meal. Great way to do spend our Saturday evening!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

The first pub we visited when we first moved to Reno. It is still our favorite. Lots of good brews to choose from and delicious pub food. The service is always friendly and prompt. This is a perfect place to visit if you are looking for good brews and pub food.

Been to Great Basin Brewing Co.? Share your experiences!