“had dinner here”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2014

Dinner was good, ordered one of the stews that was loaded with all the seafood you could imagine. Also tasted pretty fresh. I've given it 4/5 as the service was pretty slow.

There are newer reviews for John A's Oyster Bar

Reviewed September 1, 2014

Probably the best "Lazy Man's Cioppino" (no shells!) ever. Wonderful pan roasts with oysters, shrimp, or fish. Be sure to sit at the bar and watch them make these delicious dishes!

Reviewed August 27, 2014

Ok...I was very excited when I saw that the hotel restaurant was an oyster bar. I wasn't disappointed! We had several meals there while we were on vacation. Everything was awesome!!

Reviewed August 25, 2014

Place is nice staff friendly and helpful and don't rush you. My wife and I are big sea food fans but the menu just seemed a bit off... lots of stew type entrees as well as "bakes". Now being from New York perhaps it's a regional thing but was weird that there was limited basic seafood... broiled or fried so look at the menu first. I'm not saying the food was bad...just different for us. The fresh Oysters were excellent. we traveled almost 3,000 miles and got Oysters from where we live in NY. It was funny but we ordered them and enjoyed them. I had Gumbo that was okay but could use a bit more spice.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is always one of our favorite places to dine at the Nugget and we were not disappointed in spite of the change in ownership. The food is still excellent and the service, although slower than in years past, was very pleasant and accommodating.

Been to John A's Oyster Bar? Share your experiences!