“Great food, awesome oyster shooters!”

John A's Oyster Bar
Ranked #7 of 260 Restaurants in Sparks
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Ripon, California
“Great food, awesome oyster shooters!”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

The service was very good as was the food but the oyster shooters were great. We tried them all but my favorite was the bloody Mary shooter. My wife enjoyed the tequila shooter.

Visited June 2014

Wingfield springs
“My favorite place in Sparks!!”
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

I wish I could come here every day, or at least once a week. I always want to try something new but I'm addicted to the pan roast. It's the best!

• Visited May 2014
Oakdale, California
“RELIABLE”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We have been been eating here for the last fifteen years. Quality has not changed, you can relay on them. In this day and age that's something to say.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Buff2013
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
“FABULOUS!! The Best!”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We were in Reno for 4 nights and we ate here 6 times, the pan roasts, stews, louie's were just too good, I had a combination pan roast 6 times they were so good, sfresh shrimp, oysters and crab in a large bowl with cream and other delicious ingredients, it made my day. We hit this place as soon as we got off the plane around 1 pm and I went back that evening for another, the next day we met some old friends and they bought us lunch and I had another pan roast. I have never experienced this type of food preparation other than New York, and its been a part of John Asquaga's Nugget for as long as I can remember. We are back home now and I'm ready to fly back to Reno just for a pan roast! Try this place out if you like seafood.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank stormy49
El Sobrante, California
“Pan Roast To Die For”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Go to the bar and watch them make this sinful dish. Careful, you will be hooked.
My favorite is the crab.

• Visited August 2013

Been to John A's Oyster Bar? Share your experiences!