“Love the Oyster Bar”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2012

The combination pan roast is wonderful and fish and chips. Always enjoy dining here. The staff are friendly.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

I have never had such a bad meal. I had the salmon scampi my husband had a lobster roll sandwich. It smelled bad and tasted awful. We paid 50$ for crap food! I would never eat there again. I am very disappointed it is 2 on trip advisor!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

My husband ordered fried oysters as an appetizer and for the price they were tiny and overly breaded. My salad lettuce was wilted, soggy and old. Shrimp scampi was good, but had to ask for more sauce from the bus boy as the waitress hardly ever came by to see if we needed anything or to find out how our food was. Saffron rice good that the scampi sat upon especially when I got more sauce to put on it and the shrimp. My husband's shrimp/crab louie the lettuce was old, soggy and wilted as well!

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I had one of the Pan roasts, mmmmmm good! Delicious and very filling. The place has that old fashioned seafood restaurant in a movie kind of atmosphere. If I didn't know better, I'd think I was in a seafood restaurant on the coast of Maine. It's great break from the usual noise in the casino. One is swept away by the ambiance, fresh hot bread, and woodsy decor offered at John's Oyster Bar. Although I'm not in Sparks, often, when I think of seafood, it's the place I'm headed!

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Had the special, shrimp and scallops in a bread bowl. Dinner was tasty and priced well although the "bread bowl" was actually a bread stick with the top cut off and shrimp and scallops in a creamy garlic-butter sauce poured over the top. It was plenty for me, but hubby could have eaten more.

Been to John A's Oyster Bar? Share your experiences!