“Go for the salad bar, stay for the desserts”
Review of Sizzler

Sizzler
Ranked #99 of 261 Restaurants in Sparks
nevada
“Go for the salad bar, stay for the desserts”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

When it comes down to family dining, affordable meals, and a wonderful dessert bar, this is the place. Our family had the salad bar (of course), a side of the large skewered shrimp, steaks, their wonderful prepared bread, and drinks (ice tea for all). We were served by a young man named Erick (hope I got that right) who ensured that our drinks were full, bread was always available on the table, and our table was bussed regularly. The salad bar was constantly re-stocked and had a full compliment of our favorite veggies. Soft-serve ice cream with lots of toppings available was beyond my ability to resist. Parking was readily available and close to the door. I can certainly say that we will be back on a frequent basis.

• Visited February 2013

Sparks, Nevada, United States
“Excellent value”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I love their salad bar, it has an excellent variety of fruits and vegetables as well as a taco bar, soups and fried finger foods.

Visited November 2012
Reno, Nevada
“Poor Service, Steak dried out and over cooked”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

This used to be one of my favorite restaurants in the Reno/Sparks area. However, the new manager has allowed the service and quality to go downhill lately. The previous manager was an EXCELLENT manager.

When I arrived, there was no hostess to great me and take my order. The cook happened to notice me standing there for a few minutes and he called the hostess out of the manager's office to take my order. When she did, she acted as if it was an imposition.

I then went to find my own seat where I waited again for a server. She finally took my order to the kitchen and then delivered my order a few minutes later. The steak was medium, not medium-rare as I had ordered it. No chives were provided for my potato as I had requested. She left me alone, never returned to ask me how I was doing or to offer to refill my drink or bring me water.

When I left, I called the manager out from his office (again, there was no one manning the hostess stand.... she had been in the manager's office again as well as the server (I wonder what was going on in there). After I told him of my complaints, he also acted as if I was putting him into an imposition.

I guess I will no longer patronize this restaurant.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank hagar2935
Fallon
“Their entrees are going downhill, but great salad bar”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

All Sizzlers have a good salad bar - The fried chicken has been getting very salty in past year.
We loved the chicken until now.
The skewered shrimp is terrible!
The steaks are way too salty (evidently they come marinated THEN the restaurant adds more ---- tell them not to add any more seasoning you can always add salt later!)
Prices have kept going up it's now $9 for just the salad bar.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank 1ScubaDiver
Fallon
“It's getting salty here”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Salad bar is still one of the best, but now $9
Grilled Shrimp: first serving was way overcooked and too spicy, they brought me another, still overcooked - moral-----don't get any seafood grilled.
My wife had a steak - It comes in seasoned, then they put more salt on - way too salty, so she got another one without the extra salt and this one was good!
Even their once fantastic fried wings in now too salty.
Probably won't go back unless it's just for the salad bar.

• Visited January 2012

Been to Sizzler? Share your experiences!