“frozen boxed chicken” 1 of 5 bubbles

Reno, Nevada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“frozen boxed chicken”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

We ordered to double dipper combos with coleslaw and fries as a take out order. After placing my order the gal on the phone told me it would be fifteen minutes. Then ten minutes later, they call me back and ask me if I wanted sauce with my chicken. I said I would like some buffalo on the side and was informed that buffalo and ranch came with the order. I asked how long it would be (since it had been ten minutes already) and was told it would be twenty minutes. Im no mathematician but something isn't adding up here. Then I finally go in (so its now been close to 30 mins) and have to wait another 5-7 mins because its not done. I get the food home and the chicken is covered in buffalo sauce. No problem because I like buffalo sauce, but my wife does not. But then I bite into the rubberiest and chewy breaded chicken breast I have ever had. A close examination revealed patters in the battering that indicated these were mass produced and pre-frozen in a box, and not hand battered like Joe Bob's claims to be. I was so disappointed in the quality of the food and I hope the message gets out there that there are much better places to eat chicken from other than this toilet.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Derek H

Graeagle, CA
“Good chicken, but a little greasy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

The place seemed a little unkempt. The chicken was okay, but it takes over 20 minutes to get it and when you do it is so hot you can't eat it right away. So if you are in a hurry, don't come here. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank SugarPineLover
Reno, Nevada
“The wings were only average. Service was fairly good.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

This is basically a bar with chicken wings for food. The wings were not spectacular but the service was OK

Visited April 2012
Sparks, Nevada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What happen?????????”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2011

What happen to Joe bob`s, i been here since 1994 and when i came to Reno i past by JB`S and stopped by and had the best chicken & wing`s ever, and i just went back and they are under new ownership and it`s nothing like be for and twice the price.
Isaac Garcia

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank isaac01
Wingl0ver, Owner at Joe Bob's Chicken Joint, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
I completely apologize for the bad service, please come back and see me Chris Martin and I will make things right. We changed management and are constantly making positive changes. thanks Chris
Seattle, Washington
“Great little sports bar and the chicken doesn't suck!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2011

The wings are the bomb! I like mine spicy and the cute little waitress worked it for me. After my first wing I was sweating like a mad man. There breading is really good light and crispy not too heavy at all. My wife had a burger and she finished it before I finished my wings! Whats new! Anyway check out the Sparks Joe Bobs its better than the Reno one. The prices were great we ate a lot and had beers for two of us and it was like twenty bucks...totally worth it since I am not working right now...

• Visited January 2011