“Disappointing”

Rigo's Mexican Cuisine
Ranked #52 of 273 Restaurants in Sparks
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

We arrived for an early dinner on our way out of Reno at about 4:30. Our service was very slow, even though our waitress was friendly. Apparently they were short a busser. I only had the tortilla soup which was mediocre. ..way too much cumin. My boys had the early bird steak and shrimp. The shrimp were rather small and bland. My husband had carne asada which he enjoyed. But our meal was $50. A little over priced I felt.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We tried to eat here last Sunday. Rigo's is closed on Sundays. Though the restaurant is currently rated #28 out of 208, the reviews are consistently great. I had to try before we left the area. 5:15 on a Friday found it less than 1/3 full. The customers didn't look like people that wasted money on trendy chain eateries, but those who knew where to find a good deal on a good meal. The decor seemed dated. But, then my $3 frosted mug of Mexican beer arrived with bits of ice floating in it . . . Love it! The salsa with the chips was not the thick, chunky stuff, but some of the tastiest I've ever had. As a native of So Cal, I grew up thinking that Mexican food was defined by tacos and retried beans. Far too many Mexican food places now seem to relegate ground beef tacos to the role of gringo faire - if they offer them at all! Not Rigo's. The hard shell wasn't fast food junk either. This was the very best taco I've had in a long, long time. My wife's shredded beef, soft shell, while very good, paled by comparison. Chile rellano was great. Beans and rice were 'very good' says my wife, who mixes them together. Great food. Great prices. Great choice. Just not on a Sunday!

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Happened to be running to the bank, and said, " Hey, you know that Mexican restaurant by the bank? Lets try that one."
We were not expecting anything spectacular, and then to our surprise, it was..........Spectacular!
Pork Carnitas, and the Beef Parrillas were nothing like I've ever tasted.......and the chips before dinner....I can't even tell you how great they are.
Really, really, great food!

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Absolutely Stellar - no complains from my business associates and I run with a bunch of ribbon clerks. Very fussy. They were all very impressed. Prawns a la Diabla were bang on - especially washed down with a Modelo Negro. Great Place to eat.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Rigo's is in a neighborhood center in Sparks and has the standard fare, But the carnitas and carne asada are wonderful

Been to Rigo's Mexican Cuisine? Share your experiences!