“Different Pizza Experience”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Reno, Nevada
“Different Pizza Experience”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I love going to this restaurant because the pizza is amazing! They use mozzarella balls instead of grated cheese on the pizzas and you can tastes the difference. It is all New York Style, thin pizza crust. The feel of the restaurant is very welcoming and full of photos from New York. I actually went on a tour of this place with my high school students to watch them make the pizza, learn about the restaurant's beginnings, and some of the things they specialize in. It was a fun treat and everyone learned a lot. They do have a bar and serve a lot of wine. Do not show up to the restaurant around 3:30-4:30 as they are stoking the brick oven they cook the pizzas in. They offer drinks to you while you wait, but the whole process does take about an hour. It can be a little more expensive than the average pizza, and a large pizza will usually only fill up two people (that was my experience anyway) but the great taste and atmosphere is worth it. Staff are always friendly and are willing to engage in conversation or help you out in any way.

• Visited February 2013

Grass Valley, California, United States
“Great food, ok service.”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

As usual, we loved the pizza and appetizer. Delicious.
The service was not nearly as efficient or attentive as the other times we have been there. When we arrived there was only one other couple in the whole restaurant and they seated us on the other side of the restaurant which was great. After my daughter and I ordered we went to the restroom and when we came back they had seated another couple right next to us and when I say right next to us I mean I could have easily touched the other couple without leaning over. It was difficult and uncomfortable having a conversation with my daughter and I could here everything the other two were saying. I could understand if the restaurant was busy but there was a total of six customers in the whole place. I tried to get our servers attention without being too pushy but it didn't happen. We ended up moving one table over and when I explained why, it was obvious our server was not happy even though we didn't soil or dirty anything on the other table. Oh well, as I said above, the food was great and my daughter and I celebrated her 10th birthday together with great conversation.
This experience won't keep us from going back, the pizza is just too good. ;o)

• Visited April 2013
Katy, Texas
“Great tasting pizza, a bit pricey”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The pizza is awesome. My favorite is Grilled chicken Pesto. The price is a bit much though, so I really only go when someone suggests it for a birthday or something.

Visited October 2012
reno
“No other Pizza compares to this”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The Reno / Sparks area is blessed to have this Pizzeria. It's like nothing else in town and in my experience, few places outside of the New York area are capable of making pizza like this. It's the real thing: thin crust baked in coal fired ovens, a little sauce, fresh mozzarella (the white stuff packed in water), a basil leaf or two, and toppings of your choice. Simple and incredible. Life in Reno got immeasurably better when this restaurant opened up.

• Visited January 2013
Sparks, Nevada, United States
“Excellent pizza and excellent service”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Went here for the first time in September of 2012 with my family, the pizza was excellent. I love the fact that they don't overdue it with the sauce like most places. This is real New York Style pizza!

• Visited September 2012