“Good food and service”

Peg's glorified ham n eggs
Ranked #11 of 261 Restaurants in Sparks
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Our party ordered a waffle (good flavor, nice texture), oatmeal (soupy) with blueberries (generous portion of thawed berries), and eggs benedict with fresh fruit. Everyone was happy with their food. Coffee was good and readily refilled. Busy place on a Monday morning.

There are newer reviews for Peg's glorified ham n eggs

Reviewed October 9, 2013

When arriving at a new RV park, we often inquire as to good restaurants in the area. Some recommendations are due simply to proximity. Others are because the food is good. After two fellow RV'ers recommended Peg's we gave it a try. Their recommendations were dead on. Excellent fare! I had Peg's omelette. Had just the right amount of tasty sausage. My wife usually orders French toast, as she did this time. "As good as I've ever had." Portions were generous, but not overwhelming. Service was top notch. Atmosphere was appropriate for the niche - breakfast & lunch - I believe the restaurant caters to.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Big plates fast service some different combinations for breakfast now more locations Really worth it

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Went here for breakfast with the family, who live just up the street. We called ahead to make sure they could accommodate our party of 5, so I was disappointed when we arrived 5 minutes later and still had to wait for 20 minutes to get a table. Don't promise something you can't deliver. Fortunately, this is the only negative of the experience.

Once seated, the service was prompt. The menu was widely varied, including selections from the southwest, hawaii, and New York, as well as traditional breakfast fare.

The drinks arrived, and I found that the orange juice really was fresh squeezed, as advertised. I was also pleasantly surprised to learn that they served grits, for two reasons: 1) In 10 years of going to the Reno area, this is the first place that I've found that serves them, and 2) I get really tired of places who serve dishes from everywhere but the South.

Anyhoo, the plates arrived, and everything was very good. My plain old ham and eggs was plentiful and tasty. My wife's bananas foster waffle was decadently delicious, and the grandkids' chocolate chip pancakes were just what they wanted. The prices were a little high compared to what I'm used to, but lots of things in NV are pricier than in NC. By the way, the grits were great!