“Tasty but room for improvement”

Sawasdee Thai Restaurant
Ranked #42 of 261 Restaurants in Sparks
Cuisines: Thai
Description: Easily available on Google and Yelp
Description: Easily available on Google and Yelp
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I ordered two dishes, eggplant dish and beef yellow curry dish, which were both tasty enough, and staff was very friendly. However, the eggplant was left in hugh chunks and not cut down to reasonable serving pieces which left them abit undercooked and difficult to handle in restaurant (better as left overs after cutting down and reheating). Beef was tasty but a a rough texture.

2  Thank worldgypse

Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

The food is outstanding. We ordered take-out and tried 3 different dinners. We had the honey chicken, the Pad Thai, and the garlic pepper chicken. We loved all of them. The dipping sauce for the spring rolls is superb. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful! I highly recommend trying this restaurant!

1  Thank jgoode6
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I first tried this place when I moved into the area near the restaurant. One of my best friends is from Thailand and cooks me authentic Thai food often, so my expectation are fairly high. This place met my expectations! The servers were very friendly, and after a few visits, they remembered us and treated us like family.
They have a spice rating scale, and although I feel the food could get even spicier than what they offer, the spiciest food was hot enough to satisfy my spicy craving.
Their curry is to die for and their Thai teas are fantastic. They also have a gluten free option that I know a friend and coworker of mine enjoys because she has Celiacs.
I wwould definitely recommend this restaurnt to anyone!

1  Thank belvoirm
Reviewed August 13, 2012

After passing this restaurant by many times, I finally stopped in. It was worth it! The restaurant was very clean and the staff super friendly. We asked about a few of the items on the menu, and our server recommended some of her favorite dishes. She also explained the heat scale - they make your food as spicy as you like. I ordered the Panang Curry with tofu - spice #2, my friend ordered the Thai Spicy Basil with chicken - spice #2. Our meals came with soup starter, then the meal was served with a side salad with a spicy peanut dressing. The spice level was perfect, nice tingle and flavorful. The presentation of the food was lovely. Each portion of the meal was in it's own dish, so you could mix the rice & curry to your own liking. We also had 2 glasses of coconut water with huge chunks of coconut that are yummy to eat after you've drank all the water! We finished the meal with a scoop of avocado ice cream - delish!! Definitely will be going back soon. The staff was very friendly and attentive. Mulitple Thank You's as we left.

1  Thank Jacqueline G

Been to Sawasdee Thai Restaurant? Share your experiences!