“Cheap buffet and almost worth it”
Review of Rail City Casino

Rail City Casino
Ranked #6 of 22 things to do in Sparks
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The food here is very cheap in the buffet. Breakfast about $5 and dinner $8 with coupons/deals everywhere. The breakfast has a decent variety and it was not terrible. Just nothing memorable and some you wouldn't want again. Fruit is good and gravy was good. Too bad biscuit was hard as a rock. The scrambled eggs were not fresh.
As for dinner, there is a bit of variety and I have to admit the soup was good. But I don't go to a buffet for soup. Yhe fried chicken and fish were not fresh. The salisbury steak was flavorless. The "prime rib" was cheap roast beef and dull. Stick with the fruit, soup, and whatever may look good. Too bad the rolls were even cold. Dessert is fair and plain. Overall just mediocre and too many better choices nearby.

4  Thank ajfred

Reviewed September 6, 2012

This is a good place if you want to play for a long time. Good tables games and decent beverage service. Easy parking and a good Players club program

Reviewed August 19, 2012

We were visiting from CA and had heard good reviews about this place so we drove from time share in downtown Reno to Rail City and received terrible service from buffet staff.
First they made a big deal about a party of 8 and said, sarcastically, that we would acquire an automatic 18 percent gratuity for having such a large party. My wife told them, "No problem". I decided to split our party so I wouldn't have to give them 18 percent - they didnt deserve it. They also kept discouraging us from getting buffet because there was only 20 min left. We insisted and they became more rude. They said we would have a wait even though there were plenty of tables available. We waited only 10 minutes and half of us got the buffet, which wasn't anything to write home about. The rest of us ordered from menu - it was pretty decent.
The place was completely smoke filled to the point of wanting to barf! A small, cramped casino with no ventilation - a terrible, unhealthy choice for my kids and family.

3  Thank amarktristan
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I highly recommend this casino to everybody.... It's my favorite place in town!!!! Great employees, great food and fun games that you can win on!!!

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Enjoy the comps from players club card for both games and food...some great food here. Staff are cheerful, friendly, helpful, knowledgeable. We will frequent Rail City often for both food and games...sure wish they had covered parking and closer to the entrance doors for older or medically challenged folks.