“Fantastic! I wish I was 10 again!”

Wild Island Family Adventure Park
Ranked #4 of 23 things to do in Sparks
More attraction details
Owner description: Wild Island boasts a multitude of year-round family fun including 36 holes of beautifully themed and landscaped miniature golf, a game arcade and redemption center, Sprint and Indy go kart raceways, and the Coconut Bowl that includes 40 lanes of bowling excitement as well as lanes for private parties, the High Ballocity interactive, three-level play structure, Pirate Cove indoor black light mini golf and challenging laser mazes, not to mention pool tables and Water Dogs Sports Bar and Grill, featuring two bars and more TVs than you can count.
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We went here with our granddaughter, age 8, and grandson, age 12. It was the first time for us, but they had been there before. I don't think they appreciated what an amazing place this is. The glow-in-the-dark mini-golf is highly artistic, and the course is challenging. It has a pirate theme, and is the best of this type that I have been to (see picture). Then there is the "High Ballocity" where the kids go in and climb, slide, jump, and generally use up their energy. We also played a number of coin-op video games, and finished with them going into the "Laser Maze", which is really quite interesting. You can track their progress from the waiting area, and if they get a good score, it is posted for all to see. We didn't even try the bowling or any outdoor activities, and we spent about 4 hours there. Warning - this is not for the faint-hearted! There is constant loud music, noise, flashing lights, and crowds.

1  Thank Rosemarina
"private cabana"
"every summer"
"indoor area"

Reviewed February 10, 2012

We've gotten the season passes to Wild Waters a couple times, and though it's costly up front, we definitely get our money's worth. We can spend hours there on a hot summer day, and often do. They do a real good job with parties whether it's bowling, ball-ocity, arcade or golf. They offer a lot for family fun all year round.

Reviewed January 10, 2012

Great for families not over priced The water area could us shade trees. It has been around about 20years and no trees so they aren't part of the plan. The go carts are safe The birthday parties are great there is mini golf and no problems with gangs graffitti or anyone causing trouble

Reviewed September 4, 2011

My family and I enjoyed a single day at the park just before school started . I have a 7 year old son and a 5 year old daughter that had never been to a water park until this visit.

The park was very clean and ran very well. The staff took special care any time a small child exited a ride. The life guard at the top of the ride would signal to the life guard at the bottom of the ride that a small child was starting. I saw this for my children and numerous other children.

If you go to Wild Island don't bother with renting a personal tube. There were plenty of tubes waiting at the bottom of each ride. If your taking a personal life vest for a child make sure its approved by the U.S. Coast Guard because life vest are checked upon entry.

We had a great time and would definetely go back again.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 22, 2011

This was my first visit to a water park and I was not disappointed!
I have to say..who wouldn't have fun speeding down those slides!? I laughed all the way down! I was able to be a kid again..
The facility is well run and I can tell safety is number one on their list, which any parent can appreciate. I felt my kids were able to wander without us on their heels for every ride and this was nice.
Without season passes this is easily a $100.00 + day if you include the food and drinks.
We brought our own water, but couldn't bring it in since it was a reusable bottle. Any water bottles already opened were confiscated at the entrance.
Plenty of places to lounge, but shade is gone fast so go early if that is needed.
We didn't feel renting a tube was necessary since the rides that need them supply them.
We plan on going back next year!