“One stop shop”

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Sparks
Little Falls, MN
“One stop shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2010

Food, gaming, rooms and everything was excellent! I have been there several times in the past ten years and have never been disappointed.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (629)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Seaside CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2010

My husband and I recently visited the Nugget for the second time and I have to say, it is by far the best value in Reno. We stayed in the East Tower and had a beautiful corner room - honestly, it was as good or better than any place I've ever stayed in Vegas. We basically parked the car and never left the whole time. We got snowed in on Sunday (aww shucks!) but we didn't even care. We hoped it just kept on snowing because we were having such a good time. We caught Los Lonely Boys at the Celebrity Showroom, which was an excellent, intimate venue and they were incredible!! Sure, we dropped a little cash in the casino but who doesn't?? Overall, if you're looking for a great place to "get away from it all" without breaking your wallet, the Nugget is definitely the place to do it. The staff in every part of the hotel were very attentive and professional - we only had one small glitch that was cleared up in minutes. Gabe's Pub and Deli downstairs is great for a quickie sandwich, and we thoroughly enjoyed the buffet (and I hate buffets but this one was really good). If you have kids (teenagers preferably I think), the arcade is huge and there's a movie theater right across the street, not to mention the completely awesome pool. Way worth it and will go again as soon as we can!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Tracy, Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2010

We had so much fun. I love the atmosphere and the staff is always so friendly. The Nugget is the only Casino we go to now in Reno. They have it all Fine dinining, great bars, great table & Slots, Movie theatre across the street, an overall great place for the family. I could go on and on about hoe much I love the Nugget

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2010

After having read reviews of this hotel, I decided to upgrade my discount offer for the West Tower and spend a little more on the East Tower. Our room, on the 24th floor was very nice..clean..well appointed. The only problem is that this hotel is situated near the railroad tracks, and even being as high as we were, we still had noise...not a lot..but somewhat annoying. We ate at Trader Dick's and had lovely food. Also ate at the Oyster Bar and had good, but very rich (would make a different choice next time) The cafe was just fine for breakfast. I enjoyed gambling - yes, it's smoky, but it's a CASINO - what would you expect? I was not pleased with the added "resort fee" It seems a lot of Hotels are adding this and I think it's tacky.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2010

The indoor pool is outstanding and the food at the steak house is great.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
chicago, il
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2010

This hotel, while a bit dated in its decor, has a wonderful staff and quite good restauarants. I feel it offered good value for the price paid and the staff is just great!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Sacramento
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2010

my wife was scheduled for major surgery, therefore, after having the great experience in the Nugget (I wrote a Review, too) this January, I thought to please her the weekend before surgery, the first weekend in February (Super Ball weekend) with again spa and hair experience, nice diners, some gambling (she just loves it ;-), just to let her feel good despite the fear of the surgery; we took the second daughter with us, so my wife isn't alone in the spa;

this time was a more than terrible experience;
again East Tower BUT this time towards the Freeway - couldn't get any sleep;
BUT on top of that permanent Freeway noise was 24 hours loud talking from the room next door (there was connecting door); so loud and all day and night, that we had the feeling there is NO door at all;
at the reception I got told "nothing we can do... all the rooms have connecting doors ... no other rooms available ..." ;

at check-out I told the Lady to please make a note in my file "not towards the freeway but to the rail road"; she told me "can't do, but when you check in again, tell them;" - exactly what I tried, but didn't work = no other rooms available, and rooms are not guaranteed but ...."

I will give it a last try, - I just booked now online again the East Tower, for the March weekend (20th, NO Football this time);
my daughter is visiting us from Germany, and my wife is by then "kind of recovered enough" from surgery to have some fun again with spa treatment and a little bit gambling; and, my daughter never went to Reno;

I am already concerned about my own bravery to try the Nugget again; but hopefully we will have this time a room towards the rail road;

will keep you updated
Horst

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank horst60

Travelers are raving about these Sparks hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sparks
Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno
Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
Victorian Inn
Victorian Inn
#6 of 17 in Sparks

Been to Nugget Casino Resort? Share your experiences!