“For a little over $50 a night, the service was great.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Victorian Inn

Victorian Inn
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Sparks
San Clemente, California
“For a little over $50 a night, the service was great.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

First of all I was absolutely stoked on how affordable this hotel was, especially during new years weekend. The room itself was a little shabby. But I was happy with the location being on the outskirts of town and very close to the airport, the commute to South Lake Tahoe was no more than an hour with dry road conditions. I was also very happy with the follow-up email asking how my stay was. The employees were very personable made me feel at home.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank mspencer0416
Victorian I, Front Office Manager at Victorian Inn, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
It was such a pleasure meeting you! We were glad you had such a good time on your vacation, and we hope to see you again in the future. Have a very happy New Year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Mendocino, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

We stayed at the Victorian Inn on Dec. 23, en route to Salt Lake. We booked our reservation on the strength of the positive reviews on Trip Advisor. The rooms were small, old and had been cheaply and partially renovated, the bed sagging, the furnace is loud, the parking lot is tiny and the neighborhood is a bit "seedy." The office was not staffed and we had to call on a phone outside the office in the cold for a person to come across the street to check us in. There was no breakfast served and the room rate was about the same as the casino hotels charge for non-weekend stays. In short, avoid this place if you can. The rates are affordable but not cheap for what you get. You can do far better at many of the casino hotels for about the same nightly rate. I was embarrassed to tell my wife that I had actually reserved this place for us because it was rated well on TA.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Nit L
Victorian I, Front Office Manager at Victorian Inn, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We were saddened to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We would have been more than willing to show you some of our other rooms if you were unhappy with the one you checked into. Since we are a smaller hotel, our front desk is not open 24 hours a day. Our front desk is open from 8am to 8pm, and then we have an on-site manager who is on call for late check-ins and emergencies. We do serve a continental breakfast Thursdays through Sundays, and we are very sorry that you were not informed of that fact. If you are ever passing through Sparks again, I would love to speak with you further. We truly value the opinion of our customers, and we appreciate your input. We hope you had a safe and happy holiday.

Travelers are raving about these Sparks hotels

Hawaiian Ocean View, Hawaii, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

The rooms are very comfortable and clean. The staff extremely friendly. They are close enough to the events staged in Victorian Square to walk to but far enough away that you can get away from the "action" if you want to. Quiet, clean, affordable and friendly. You can't ask for more!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Tammie E
Victorian I, Front Office Manager at Victorian Inn, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
We were glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please feel free to come again anytime! You are always welcome.
Campbell, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed here for Hot August Nights because of the location and were surprised by the great service. Anything we asked for was done almost immediately and with a smile. Great casual atmosphere and great location. We were on the cruise route and walking distance to all the Sparks events.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank Patrick K
Victorian I, Manager at Victorian Inn, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We're glad you had a great time. We hope to see you again! We've also started remodeling our rooms, so you'll definitely have to check those out next year. Thanks!
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This is my favorite place! We had our lawn chairs ice cooler and chilled watching the fireworks with the kids. The rooms are nice and Al the manager was very helpful. He told me where to sit for the best view of the fireworks. They had a nice breakfast in the morning complementary. Im coming back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Lorrain T
Thank you for the review! We hope to see you again this next 4th of July! It's tough to beat "front row seats" to the fireworks show! See you next summer!
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

It was Thursday on the 6th I was driving by and saw a motel that looked like a big Victorian house. I stopped and checked on the price for two beds. It was $51.08 Thursday and $62.43 Friday including tax's. I asked to look at a room. It was very nice. The manager Al was very helpful. This price also included Continental breakfast. This was a good deal to me! I'm coming back when I'm in town.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
7 Thank Carol B
San Francisco, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

I guess it is an ok place to stay if there is nowhere else. While on my stay there I witnessed a woman who apparantely lived there walk up and break someone elses window and scream a bunch of obscenities. The same woman has a couple of small dogs who wander the parking lot looking for open doors. all of the sudden there were dogs roaming around my room, and one of them jumped up on my bed and the other one was agressively barking at me. if i could rate this place a minus 5 i would.

Room Tip: stay on the side where the office is