See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 5, 2018

The physical plant was in good order, freshly painted, plenty of parking. Rooms were a little on the small side, but OK. TV was older model. Few amenities (bring shampoo and bar soap, hair dryer, etc.). Hard floor (wood composition), which was clean. Staff very friendly and accommodating. No breakfast, but office has coffee. If traffic noise bothers you, bring ear plugs. Choose 2nd floor room if possible. Avoid the pool. Great overnighter for the price-conscious traveler.

Room Tip: If non-smoker, ask for a room away from rooms that allow smoking.
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed December 20, 2017

I stayed here five nights in December of 2017. Physically, the room was OK, as was the price, $45.39 with tax, but there were numerous problems. Some I noticed right away. Some I only discovered after being there a few days:

- There is a lot of road construction in the area, making hit hard to get in and out.

- You have to pay extra for wifi and it is SLOW. Don't waste your money on that.

- The cable TV connection was terrible. Only about have the channels came in consistently.

- The housekeeping staff was possibly the worst I have ever seen. They didn't start work until 11:00 a.m., which I can understand, but they usually didn't get to my room until after sunset, or not at all. They took a lot of smoke breaks right outside my door and complained loudly about guests using obscenities that I didn't want to hear. EXTREMELY unprofessional.

- Three different times, I got woken up by prostitutes knocking on my door. I don't know if they were staying in other rooms or just came off the street. Yes, I know, everyone needs to make a living, but I need my sleep.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled solo
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Reno Airport - Sparks, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2017

Phillip, Thank you for posting your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in carrying on the commitment during your recent stay. Please know the conditions you experienced are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason, we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed August 28, 2017

Asked for and got a ground floor room close to nice lawn area to walk dogs. Room modern and clean. Flat screen tv with good cable stations. House keeping checked the room every day. Wifi very iffy. In line with airport landing path...tho I think they stopped planes after 11pm or so...at least I didn't hear any late at night. My room was on the non sun side so probably cooler than the west side. Huge road work in front of the motel...made only one exit/entry to parking area...parking was a squeeze. My room was also on the other side from I-80...freeway noise was minimal. May have been noisier on the other side.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

Road construction made it a little difficult to get in to the parking area..which was very sparse. Check in was easy..but I asked for a non-smoking room. But was given a smoking room. No trash can liners, flat pillows, hand towels for bath ..hookers in the parking lot...everything you expect in a Motel 6.
Including painfully slow wi-fi. I would never pay to stay here....

Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed June 30, 2017

Heads up, this is a very basic motel room. The location is noisy because it's beside the hwy, and it's in a struggling neighborhood. The bathroom toilet seat was very loose. The linoleum floor turned the bottom of my white socks black! A dirty towel was left behind bathroom door. I don't require fancy but I do need CLEAN.There was a large food spill (?) on outside stairs that hadn't been cleaned up. BOTTOM LINE: Avoid this one and find a different place to lay your head!

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple