“Poor food, poor service”
Review of Rosie's Cafe

Rosie's Cafe
Ranked #16 of 273 Restaurants in Sparks
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Inside John Asquagua's Nugget Casino.
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I've eaten at Rosie's Cafe a few times over the years. Either my standards are getting higher, or their food is getting worse. This time, I had the prime rib, baked potato, vegetable of the day, and soup of the day. The prime rib was just okay and was certainly overpriced. The soup of the day was supposed to be broccoli cream, but it wasn't creamy at all. I added five little tubs of half&half to make it creamy. My husband's hamburger tasted fine, but it was shockingly small. He said he prefers the burgers at Denny's.

Our waiter must have been brand new because he didn't pay much attention to us at all. The manager came over at one point and asked how everything was. I replied, "It's just okay…." and she said a cheerful, "Okay, thanks!" and went to the next table. Both of my dining companions heard me just fine. She simply was not listening. We waited ages for a to go box and the bill. When we paid at the cash register, the cashier did not ask how our meal was.

I'm not planning to eat there again.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

There is no breakfast buffet at the Nugget, which is fine, so Rosie's (or a muffin from the lobby Starbucks) is your only option. They know this and price accordingly. There is a steak and eggs special, but it is only offered midnight to 5 a.m. Aside from the high price for a casino breakfast joint the service is incredibly fast.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Breakfast for 4 at Rosie's cafe in The Nugget casino. Good food, great friendly service. Prices were fair. But hey-you can't get away with cheap, weak coffee. Coffee has to be good to make it a 4 star breakfast,,,so 3 stars this visit. P.S. great sausage links.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

We recently stayed at the Nugget and ate at Rosies twice for breakfast. They served a very good breakfast both times, were quick and friendly.

My wife had their pancakes and was very pleasantly surprised - I had the Sausage and eggs, done to perfection.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I had a cup of clam chowder and a plate of spaghetti and meat sauce. Both were tasty and reasonably priced. Waitress was pretty good.

Been to Rosie's Cafe? Share your experiences!