Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks
$92
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
$152
All reviewsdel tacoyogurtdouble bed suiteroom faced the freewayindoor poolcontinental breakfastmake your own waffleshard boiled eggssleeping areafront desk staffwatch tvhot tublarge bathroomeasy accessexercise roomice machinewould stay here again
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Good value, clean room, friendly staff, and very good location in Sparks. The rooms are small, but efficient. They have coffee makers and decent flat screen TVs. The hotel seemed updated. There is a convenience store, gas station, and several fast food restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. One exit away is a large shopping area with a larger choice of restaurants. I'd stay here again if needing a room in Sparks.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sheacj
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The Fairfield was a good value at $96 for a king room. Everything in the room worked, the bed was comfortable, and the staff was friendly. The only criticism I have relates to the food. The breakfast was simply not up to par. The fruit looked good,but tasted like it was loaded with preservatives. The turkey sausage was blah. The coffee in the room had a paper taste. That in the breakfast room was better. Some improvements are in order.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2013

First off I called in the morning to have the rep reserve me an upstairs room away from the elevator...when i check in the front desks says that they some hoe gave me room to someone else...so instead of a quiet room, I get the first floor and near the freeway...needless to say I didnt sleep all night. When I finally got in my rrom this place looks like a Motel 6. Lobby is nice but the rooms are old, towels are thin as paper towels, and the decore looks right out of a 70's adult film. Only good thing is it is still a Marriott bed. Extremely disappoitnted.

Room Tip: Top floor away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Brad L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am disappointed to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay. I can imagine the frustration you must have experienced when we were unable to accommodate your request for a third floor room. Please understand that we do our very best to accommodate all of our guests' requests 100% of the time. Unfortunately despite our efforts sometimes with a full hotel we are unable to do so.

Good news! We are pleased to announce that Fairfield Inn & Suites has made a change across the brand to update our current bath towels. We are already in the process of changing out our towels with ones that are larger and heavier. We hope that you and all of our guests will enjoy this upgrade.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you consider giving us another chance next time you are in the Reno/Sparks area.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This Fairfield Inn has been updated. Our suite reminded me of a SpringHill, not a large room but quite pleasant for a multi-day stay. The two queen beds had excellent mattresses and the wonderful Marriott comforters. Decent selections at the breakfast bar (except the coffee: I like coffee, but theirs was bitter). Our thermostat was one of those old lever kinds on the wall and it did not adjust the temperature well. Fortunately, we did not need much heating or cooling. We were on the top floor, perhaps under an HVAC compressor, because we had to run the fan at night to block compressor noises.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway off-ramp.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Brad L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your detailed review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at The Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno/Sparks. We hope you choose to stay with us again next time you are in town.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We were told this Fairfield Inn and Suites in Sparks/Reno was built about 3 yrs. old. Our room, the lobby and breakfast area are still very nice. If you desire a smaller smoke free hotel, convenient to freeway, comfortable beds, friendly staff and breakfast, this is definitely the best choice. It is on the outskirts of town; but downtown Reno and the airport are only 10-15 minutes away. There is a McDonald's and Del Taco next door to the Fairfield. At the very next exit heading west is an Outback Steakhouse and BJ's plus plenty of shopping including a Target. After our first night's stay, we were tempted to change rooms because we were very close to the freeway but the next two nights we ran the fan all night and that helped quite a bit. When we stay there again, I will request a room on the east side of the building facing the street not the freeway. The rooms do not have refrigerators or microwaves but they do include a coffee maker, ironing board, iron, hair dryer, shampoo, soap and lotion. Unfortunately, the bath towels were pretty thin. They cover all the breakfast essentials; eggs, fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, cold cereals, yogurt, smoked Canadian bacon, waffles, muffins, juice, coffee with flavored creams and tea buffet style in a large and pleasant room by the front desk.
For the price, a clean room that does not smell like dogs, friendly staff, a convenient location and breakfast included, the Fairfield Inn does the job nicely!

Room Tip: Rooms on 3rd floor east side of building facing the street NOT the freeway would be quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple