“Stay away from this place”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Sparks
Reviewed October 21, 2013

First off I called in the morning to have the rep reserve me an upstairs room away from the elevator...when i check in the front desks says that they some hoe gave me room to someone else...so instead of a quiet room, I get the first floor and near the freeway...needless to say I didnt sleep all night. When I finally got in my rrom this place looks like a Motel 6. Lobby is nice but the rooms are old, towels are thin as paper towels, and the decore looks right out of a 70's adult film. Only good thing is it is still a Marriott bed. Extremely disappoitnted.

Room Tip: Top floor away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Brad L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am disappointed to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay. I can imagine the frustration you must have experienced when we were unable to accommodate your request for a third floor room. Please understand that we do our very best to accommodate all of our guests' requests 100% of the time. Unfortunately despite our efforts sometimes with a full hotel we are unable to do so.

Good news! We are pleased to announce that Fairfield Inn & Suites has made a change across the brand to update our current bath towels. We are already in the process of changing out our towels with ones that are larger and heavier. We hope that you and all of our guests will enjoy this upgrade.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you consider giving us another chance next time you are in the Reno/Sparks area.

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This Fairfield Inn has been updated. Our suite reminded me of a SpringHill, not a large room but quite pleasant for a multi-day stay. The two queen beds had excellent mattresses and the wonderful Marriott comforters. Decent selections at the breakfast bar (except the coffee: I like coffee, but theirs was bitter). Our thermostat was one of those old lever kinds on the wall and it did not adjust the temperature well. Fortunately, we did not need much heating or cooling. We were on the top floor, perhaps under an HVAC compressor, because we had to run the fan at night to block compressor noises.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway off-ramp.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Brad L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your detailed review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at The Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno/Sparks. We hope you choose to stay with us again next time you are in town.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We were told this Fairfield Inn and Suites in Sparks/Reno was built about 3 yrs. old. Our room, the lobby and breakfast area are still very nice. If you desire a smaller smoke free hotel, convenient to freeway, comfortable beds, friendly staff and breakfast, this is definitely the best choice. It is on the outskirts of town; but downtown Reno and the airport are only 10-15 minutes away. There is a McDonald's and Del Taco next door to the Fairfield. At the very next exit heading west is an Outback Steakhouse and BJ's plus plenty of shopping including a Target. After our first night's stay, we were tempted to change rooms because we were very close to the freeway but the next two nights we ran the fan all night and that helped quite a bit. When we stay there again, I will request a room on the east side of the building facing the street not the freeway. The rooms do not have refrigerators or microwaves but they do include a coffee maker, ironing board, iron, hair dryer, shampoo, soap and lotion. Unfortunately, the bath towels were pretty thin. They cover all the breakfast essentials; eggs, fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, cold cereals, yogurt, smoked Canadian bacon, waffles, muffins, juice, coffee with flavored creams and tea buffet style in a large and pleasant room by the front desk.
For the price, a clean room that does not smell like dogs, friendly staff, a convenient location and breakfast included, the Fairfield Inn does the job nicely!

Room Tip: Rooms on 3rd floor east side of building facing the street NOT the freeway would be quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2013

The Fairfield Inns are known for quality and this one didn't disappoint. The breakfast was excellent. We had a problem with a noisy fan in the first room and the very friendly and helpful desk clerk quickly moved us to a different room. The location is far enough away from downtown to be quiet, yet it is still close to plenty of good restaurants.

What really set this place apart was the quality of the bed. It was fantastic.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was neat and clean. The room was adequately spacious. It was very clean. The bed was very comfortable, I had a good night of sleep.

The continental breakfast got fruit, scrambled and boiled eggs, smoked Canadian bacon (so delicious!), waffle, pastry, cereal, juice and coffee and tea. I enjoyed it, too.

The only inadequacy was the cleanliness of the coffee maker in the room. I used it to make some hot water, and the first cup of water was brownish. Were it not the dirty coffee maker, I would have rated this hotel 5-star.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stopped in for the night while traveling with my 80(ish) father. He was very pleased with the mattress and he has had back problems for many years. He slept well and woke rested. He was very impressed with the free breakfast. I agree with his assessments, and would like to add more.

I am a Marriott Gold Elite Status guest. I was very grateful for the upgrade to the double bed suite. The extra room was very nice. The hotel has very easy freeway access to Interstate 80. It's next to a Del Taco and a McDonalds.

The staff is very friendly. The location is very convenient. The breakfast was better than average for a Fairfield Inn. Close to the Outlet Mall.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I booked this hotel for my husband for a business trip. We always stay at the Marriott family of hotels because of consistent quality. He said it wasn't up to the usual standard and would not stay here again. Towels were in bad shape, old and thin. Bed too soft, not normal in Marriott hotels. Bathroom faucet leaked and soaked the counter. When he went to check out at 4:30 -5:00 am, he could not find anyone at the supposed 24 hour front desk. Security guard sitting in lounge area playing on phone, had to ask for him to find clerk. Clerk came out, obviously sleeping in the back somewhere. This not a deal breaker but didn't make a good impression.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Samantha A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sparks
Western Village Inn & Casino
Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
Holiday Inn Reno-Sparks
Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno
Hampton Inn & Suites Reno West
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Reno

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks? Share your experiences!