“Clean, nice staff, pretty good breakfast” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks

Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Sparks
“Clean, nice staff, pretty good breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here while in transit from SLC to Napa, as we had a lunch meeting in Auburn the next day. It was a freebie for being a member of Marriott Rewards, so our expectation level was that it would reasonable but nothing fancy. It was nicer than we expected, the room was clean, the bed comfy, and all systems (a/c, internet, etc.) worked. Breakfast the next morrning provided a very nice variety, with my sole complaint being the scrambled eggs were pretty tasteless -- they might consider adding some fresh eggs to the mix before they cook.

Room Tip: We were on the freeway side but the noise was not at all bad.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Brad L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We work hard to provide an enjoyable stay for all of our guests and we truly value your feedback. We hope to see you again next time you are in the area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Roseville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

Our softball team had a tournament at Golden Eagle so we stayed here for the weekend. Great choice. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room and grounds were clean, comfortable and very well maintained. Two fast food restaurants and a convience store right next door. When I first looked at the little indoor pool, I was disappointed. Until I got into it. It was 102 degrees outside which probably would have made an outdoor pool 90 degrees, but the pool was in the high 70's and quite possibly the most refreshing experience of my life after being out around the fields all day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Stockton, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stay at this place at least 9 times a year. I've never written a review for this hotel but my recent trip, June 25 was worthy of a comment. Devin the front desk clerk made my arrival pleasant. The service has always been excellent. The location and price make this hotel a great place to stay. If a Marriott rewards member - always book the bonus points. Breakfast comes with the room.

Room Tip: Near the outlet mall
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed here (using Marriott Reward points) as part of a cross country moving trip (with Penske truck) from CA to PA. This hotel is located on the last exit leaving Sparks heading to Utah, It is close to lots of new stores (Target, Lowes) and some chain restaurants (Outback, Olive Garden, etc.). It has plenty of parking from trucks and the facility is new and updated. In fact, it was one of the nicest Fairfield Inn hotels we have stayed in (my wife is Platinum and I am Gold Marriott Reward members - so we stay at a lot of Marriott properties nationally). If you want someplace close to gambling - this probably is not the best choice, but if you want to stay somewhere that the gamblers are not or are traveling through like us - this is the best choice. P.S. we have stayed at the Courtyard in Reno, and this place is definitely better.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on opposite side of I-80.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank drichrx
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

I was in Reno for 2 days on business. The Fairfield is always a good choice and you can count on the rooms being clean and comfortable. The free breakfast needs some work, but if you just want some oatmeal and a muffin you are in good shape. Free coffee around the clock is a plus for folks getting up for an early morning flight. The staff was extremely helpful and provided excellent recommendations for restaurants. A nice little spot just 45 minutes from Tahoe -- which we did for an afternoon and evening trip!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Layton, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed at Fairfield Inn on a business trip. My room was a suite on the third floor. It was very comfortable, although the sitting area was a bit smaller than I've seen in comparable properties. The clerks at the front desk were very friendly and helpful to me. My room location might have been a bit noisy (right above the front entrance), but by turning on the fan I was able to block out any noise that might have disturbed me. I love the way Marriott layers comforters with thin fabric covers, which makes it easy to adjust the temperature of the bedding. I slept very well here.

The breakfast was good, and the location was ideal for getting to and from shopping areas, the freeway, and the location of my meetings. I will definitely stay here again on future trips to Reno.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the north side, opposite from I-80.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brad L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for your review of our property. We truly value the feedback we recieve from our guests. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Colora
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was arriving late into Reno and needed a place to stay for a short night. The Fairfield Inn had the best price and was close to the airport. The hotel was clean and quiet, the staff friendly, and the bed was comfortable. I was on the second floor facing away from Hwy 80. My room was sandwiched between the ice machine and the elevator and I expected the worst but was surprised by how quiet it was. The exit the hotel was on had a Mc Donald's and Del Taco as well as a gas station. The area was industrial but it was not scary.

Room Tip: Choose room facing front of building for quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank VNE83
Brad L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
We are excited you enjoyed your recent visit to our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. Please come and stay with us next time you visit Reno/Sparks!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sparks
Western Village Inn & Casino
Nugget Casino Resort
Nugget Casino Resort
#2 of 17 in Sparks
3.5 of 5 bubbles 3,435 reviews

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks? Share your experiences!