“Sushi chef made the difference!”
Review of Tha Joint

Tha Joint
Ranked #42 of 262 Restaurants in Sparks
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Great hostess and shortly after we were seated at the bar our sushi chef left for lunch break. The chef who came on was amazing. Very attentive to all customers, orders were presented gorgeously with attention to detail. Salmon was very fresh. When I requested more wasabi they were very generous even though initial setting was very small dab. We had the all you can eat and portions of fish to rice were very good. Nice place for those out in the Spanish Springs area.

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

We went for the all you can eat lunch (16 bucks). We were very impressed. We dont eat raw fish and were very pleased to see the raw & cooked split into 2 different sections. We tried 10 of the cooked rolls and were very pleased with all of them. The one with cilantro was very flavorful and different as was the one with mango sauce. I did the math and we ate over 90 dollars worth of sushi and thats not even counting the appetizer or desert, and our bill was 34 dollars. I didnt try any of the other sushi places in reno to judge it against, but I know its the best I've ever had. Next time I come to reno I will be returning to tha joint.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We have been to about AYCE 20 sushi places in Reno/Sparks. Tha Joint and Hiroba are our favorites. We go to Tha Joint more since its much closer. As others have noted they have some unique rolls you cannot get anywhere else and have the usual fair. The atmosphere is nice and the wait staff is generally friendly (every once in a while you get a surly one). They have good happy hour specials. I don't like every roll here - we have had times where we haven't enjoyed the experience based on selection. But now we have settled into a rotation of about 15 or so selections and each time is good. Our favorites are: One in Million, Whole 9 yards, Highway, rainbow, caterpillar. The unagi is always good and they always do good on a non menu favorite of ours - the salmon skin roll.

1  Thank chit_chat17
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I like about 3 dishes out of all. Needs a little change once in awhile. Some are bland and most dishes served with hot sauce on them. Not my favorite sushi place in town, however it is about average.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Unique creations and all the usual fare. I just wish all sushi restaurants would throw out the faux crab in favor of the real thing.

1  Thank Eddie L

Been to Tha Joint? Share your experiences!