“Excellent”

The Steak House at Western Village
Ranked #1 of 273 Restaurants in Sparks
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A casual, yet elegant restaurant, favored by locals. Enjoy a martini from our world class martini list or a bottle of wine from our extensive wine list. Indulge in an appetizer, or a salad prepared at your table followed by a tender steak that is always fresh.
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We have been dining in various steakhouses in the Reno area.
A bit out of the way - however a GEM.
Western Village is part of the Peppermill empire - and is located on the east edge of Sparks.
Similar "look" as other Peppermills - however same great food and at a considerably less price.
Same house level bottle of wine - $7 less than Reno Peppermill. Great service,
Suggest a reservation in advance

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Visited here with friends for a birthday get together. The Filet Mignon I ordered was absolutely delicious and tender. The side dishes were just as good. Very good service and great atmosphere. Reasonably priced. Would eat here again.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

One of the best kept secrets in the Reno/Sparks area. Not only will you be pleased with your meal, whatever your palate desires, but the presentation is great. I have had the steak, blackened salmon, and other dishes that have never disappointed me. Don't let the name miss direct you, serving much more than just steak. The deserts are to die for also!
Although I live nearby the Western Village Casino, I still reserve the Steak House, for special occasions. It is a bit "pricey", but expect an excellent meal and a "finger bowl". A classy place for
you to impress your lady and well worth it.
The candle lit tables and dimmed atmosphere is very romantic. Away from the casino sounds, a quiet conversation with your dinning partner can be heard.
I would recommend this as one of the best places I have ever dined; No coat & tie required, but upon entering, one would feel more comfortable with at least a dress shirt. Only opened in the evenings, so no breakfast or lunch.
This is truely a DINNING EXPERIENCE!

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere is very nice you don't realize you're in a casino once you're in the restaurant. It's too bad you have to walk through all the smoke to get to the restaurant. The service was impeccable. The steak was one of the most tender I have ever had. I will definitely go again.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We hosted a party of six (son, his wife and two grown grandchildren who live in Sparks). They loved it and I loved the price. I had a very good 16oz Prime Rib. $25 including choice of potato, vegetable and soup or salad. My wife had fish which she found to be poorly prepared and neither of us found our included salads to be particularly good. We were a little disappointed since I had read a review that said this restaurant was a "hidden gem in the Reno area." Last year we had been unable to get reservations at the last minute and ate at a much more expensive place. As is often the case, you get what you pay for. The positive about the Western Village Steakhouse is that, for the price, it is outstanding value, but I wouldn't recommend straying from the steak menu. Another positive is that the restaurant was pleasantly quiet - the tables were well separated, and, in spite of having to walk through a smoky casino to get to it, there was no trace of smoke in the restaurant. The service tends towards a little pomposity - a sherbert to "cleanse the palate" between the salad and main courses covered with a little champagne, but it's not objectionably so and our guests loved it.

The price is also very good. Including a bottle of wine, the meal for 6 cost $230. A meal that was not as good in Portland, OR the previous weekend cost $270 for 4 people.

Been to The Steak House at Western Village? Share your experiences!