“Celebration gone wrong”

The Steak House at Western Village
Ranked #1 of 261 Restaurants in Sparks
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A casual, yet elegant restaurant, favored by locals. Enjoy a martini from our world class martini list or a bottle of wine from our extensive wine list. Indulge in an appetizer, or a salad prepared at your table followed by a tender steak that is always fresh.
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We left and did not eat. Your head waitress was very Rude. You would have made hundreds of dollars off our table.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Dumpy casino, but the Steakhouse is fabulous. Peppercorn spin-off. Great steaks and chops, extensive wine list, and unbelievable value. Best in Reno.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We arrived at 5:30 and was quoted a 2 hour wait. I tried to make a reservation earlier in the day but was told they had none available so we decided to get here early and wait. We had been told by friends in the area that this is the place the locals go and that is is wonderful. Well, after walking through the 80's casino I was thinking what have I got myself into. We were seated after an hour and 45 min wait and that is when the problems started.
We waited 10 mins before the waiter came to get our drink order and 15 mins on top of that to get our bread and our order taken. Mind you, I already knew what I wanted as I had almost 2 hours while waiting to make my decision. The french onion soup was awesome! My steak, the mini Filet, was cooked great but not very memorable. It was just average. We had saved room for one of the flambed desserts but our waiter, Anthony, nor his helper, Charlie, did not bother to come check on us for 15 mins after we had finished so we did not want to wait on them any longer.
It is so frustrating to me to spend 100+ dollars on a meal and have horrible service. I wanted to stiff him, he was THAT BAD, but I know that would be wrong. He did not get my normal 20% though, his loss. It seemed that other people did not recieve this level of service as they were in and out, with dessert, long before we were. I would possibly return but it would not be to Anthony or Charlie's area.
The restaurant is very quaint with low celings. If you are 6'4 or taller, you will have to duck. The sorbet with champagne was a very nice touch as well as the hot towels.

1  Thank ROLLTIDE8401
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The hostess quoted a 45 minute wait but we were seated in less than 20 minutes in a very comfortable booth in somewhat colorful surroundings (the plastic greenery needs to be 86'd) and greeted by the SA. We received a nice selection of bread, butter, balsamic and parmessan. One of my dining partners ordered the crab stuffed mushrooms which were quite tasty. I ordered the 12oz blackened prime rib with bourbon butter, au gratin potatoes and a house salad while my partners ordered their entrees with chowder and a Caesar salad which was freshly prepared at the table side (a nice touch by Dianne). My salad was fresh with a delicious blue cheese. They served a small intermezzo of lemon cello sorbet with champagne before the main course. My prime was cooked perfectly as we're the veggies; however, the blackened seasoning was a bit overpowering and the au gratin potatoes were just so so. I sampled one friends scallops which were tender and tasty.

Our server ( Asian lady) was friendly and her continuing service was very efficient without being obtrusive.

Overall I had a very nice experience and would return. Prices were reasonable.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We ate at Western Village this evening. Service was terrible. They changed servers after they had brought our salads. Twenty minutes later the new server asked if we could reorder because he could not find our ticket. After dinner we wanted dessert. He never returned! We had to ask the manager to find our check. Never again!

3  Thank John B

Been to The Steak House at Western Village? Share your experiences!