“Good Lunch!”

Dining options: Reservations
Florida
“Good Lunch!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I went for lunch one day while staying at the Sparks Marina RV Park. We had their po'boys. He had the crawfish and I had the shrimp. The lunch meals come with coleslaw and 3 hush puppies (or you could have fries). We also enjoyed on of their draft beers.
The crawfish come breaded but with the shrimp you have a choice of fried, grilled or blackened. I had blackened - not really spicy but good and about 8 of them. They came on a roll with lettuce and tomato and made a nice sandwich. The coleslaw was very good and the hush puppies were a nice touch (though I could have gone for another one). Helpings are not huge but that was fine as it was a late lunch and we had late dinner plans.
The service was good - they were not busy - but it took a while for our server to come back and take our payment on the bill. We had a coupon for a free lunch - if we got 2 drinks. It was a good deal.

• Visited August 2013

“Voodoo wings”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

The reason I plan my monthly trips to reno to include a Wednesday is so I can drive to sparks and get 50 cent voodoo wings! Best wings I've tasted. So crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. Very consistent, never had a bad batch. Other good things here are the fact they serve drinks in huge glasses with plenty ice, so they are very cold. The chicken al a mare is also very good and half price on tuesdays. I went out on limb one time during happy hour and tried frog legs because they were half price, surprisingly very good.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank jaygilgert
West Coast
“Take a chance and miss it!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We went during the week at dinner time. There was one other couple dining, so it wasn't busy (to say the least). Our waitress was wonderful and fairly attentive, although we did have to keep reminding her about bringing things. They do have a limited children's menu. The food was the worst thing I think I've ever eaten. Everyone in our party said, "wow. That was just awful. We don't need to do that again". What more is there to say? If you want even mediocre food, don't go to Jazz Kitchen.

• Visited June 2013
Bellingham, WA
“Decent food for the money”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This is not gourmet fare, and it's not really even New Orleans cooking, but it's pretty good food and reasonably priced. Don't go expecting to replicate Creole cookery but if you take it for what it is, then you'll leave satisfied and well-fed. The jambalaya is pretty good, although there's no seafood in it, just sausage - and the appetizer portion is large. Just don't order the beignets - they're heavy and doughy, and very disappointing. The house Bloody Mary is excellent.

• Visited June 2013
Sparks, Nevada
“Bad Service”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I have tried this place three times now all different hours of the day. I love the food but the service sucks. I will not go back there ever again. If and when you get your food they never come back to check on drinks or if the food was good. Then you can't get your check to pay. I am very dissatisfied with this place as service goes. I was a waitress and I guarantee you my customers always came first. I always check back with them. And that is why I always got excellent tips, not like what I have left at this place. Seriously you guys need to train your waitress to be great. Other wise you will keep loosing business. The last time I was there a week ago was for a friends birthday party. I brought my friend out, and she was to get a free desert which the waitress never brought out. So please improve your service!!

• Visited April 2013
Mike H, General Manager at Jazz - A Louisiana Kitchen, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Mary,
We are discussing your review in our all-hands staff meeting today as well as use it for our ongoing server training as an example of guest experience. We ask that you give us another try and please see Luz Heaivilin (GM) on your next visit so we can resolve your experience with a meal on us. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we certainly can use this to improve our overall guest experience...a top priority for us.