“Unexpected bargin”

Harrah's Reno
Ranked #19 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Stopped in for a quick, unplanned overnight stay on our way to Graeagle. The room for two on a Thursday night was an unbelievable bargain....$40 for two! We got a free Harrah's card that reduced the already low rate. The room was very nice, clean, good decor, and decent size...no complaints. The lobby/check in system was a bit small, but staff was friendly. They did not charge us the $10 internet use fee. Over all a great stay, especially for the price.

Room Tip: Asks to be away from the ice machine, stairs, and elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BDD_11_12
There are newer reviews for Harrah's Reno

Reviewed July 4, 2014

My family stayed in this Hotel twice already and the last time we stayed was on 04/2014. The Pet Friendly feature is what we love in this hotel. It's kind of expensive as you will be paying extra for the Pet Friendly feature but it's all worth it for me. My 7 pound morkie stayed with us inside our room "happy and loved."

We actually came from another Pet Friendly hotel but decided to check out as early as 6AM the next day due to the unpleasant condition of the Pet accommodation. We transferred to Harrah's and the friendly staff was kind enough to check us in very early without charging extra.

I will still choose this hotel when I bring my four legged family and will never get tricked again with the cheap price but bad pet accommodation somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank shadyCalifornia
Reviewed June 29, 2014

My room carpets and hall carpets are filthy, dirty and old looking. One of my towels had the side of the towel all frayed and the A/ C was not working to well.
The place is crumbling, no one in high limits slots, playing or service, Total rewards is gone to cashier windows, so not busy they could merge the two jobs together and NO VIP any more, reps are roaming, so try and find one.
Slot machines are down, drink person is your jackpot payer, and fixer of machines so you have 1/3 the staff on the floor. Service sucks. One craps table.

If it wasn't for the whole Harrahs thing, I think I would not choose to stay at Harrahs. Lastly, they no longer participate in the RENO rodeo, one of the towns biggest events

Buffet opens at 10:00am, good luck getting breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank dans58
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Everything was great, including the cost at off peak times.Great staff and spotless clean everywhere. Located only two minutes from the beautiful Truckee riverside walk. Hotel has a Starbuck's with free WIFI available. If I return to Reno, this is the place I will stay.

Also, only about 20 minutes walk to the Events Centre where I attended the Reno Rodeo.

Room Tip: West tower was ideal.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Galaxy0ne
Reviewed June 20, 2014

If you don't book at a peak time or weekend, the value here can be outstanding! I stayed in the east tower for about $46 a night, and this included a $20 food and beverage credit, which is enough for dinner at the Carvery buffet. When you go on from Reno to a motel room in Fallon and pay $70 a night, you can appreciate how good a deal this is.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank mayamew
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Were staying in the west tower and was told by the front desk that it was updated. Are you kidding me it looks like it was updated 20 yrs ago. The furniture in our room was chipped the fury lamp shade was dirty. The gaming area just looked tired. I guess when you pay $ 32.00 a night like I did this is what you get. Glad I'm here for only 2 nights.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CaliforniaLosthiker
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We booked 2 rooms through Booking.com which was quite confusing in the way they charged us. But that aside, I was very surprised at how nice the rooms were in Harrah's. Based on the reviews I was expecting old, musty rooms and the rooms were old but very nicely done. The biggest thing which I have Never seen in any other hotel is that each room had 2 bathrooms and another storage room. That was a pleasant surprise. Though the irritating thing was that the shower was not placed in the center of the shower stall, instead towards the door so u were half hanging out to get water on your face.
But other than that the rooms were nice, bed was good and our dinner at the hard rock cafe downstairs was very good too. Overall a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank goin2cancun
Travelers also viewed these Reno hotels
Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno
Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
The Sands Regency Casino Hotel
Whitney Peak Hotel
Plaza Resort Club
Plaza Resort Club
#20 of 64 in Reno
Silver Legacy Resort and Casino

Been to Harrah's Reno? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Harrah's Reno

Address: 219 N Center St, Reno, NV 89501-1413
Location: United States > Nevada > Reno
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Spa Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#5 Spa Hotel in Reno
#8 Casino Hotel in Reno
Price Range: $64 - $223 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Harrah's Reno 3.5*
Harrah’s Reno Hotel and Casino is a complete destination with everything you want for fun, with seven mouth-watering restaurants, a 60,000 sq. ft. casino and headline entertainment. Check in to one of our 928 beautifully appointed rooms and have a great stay when you Come Out and Play! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Harrah's Reno reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Harrah`s Reno Hotel Reno