“Give Reno a Look”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Vancouver, BC
“Give Reno a Look”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We spent five nights at Harrah,s, Reno on our drive to Arizona. We were pleasantly surprised.
Edna at check in was a gem making sure we were pleased with our accommodation and checking back the following day to see how we were. Everybody we encountered there were extremely helpful and polite. Far more so than some Vegas accommodations.
Our room was extremely clean with a nice view of Virginia St. We enjoyed two nice meals at the buffet and two good breakfasts at The Hash House A GoGo. The prices for food are reasonable
So you don,t have to break the bank to get a meal.
Yes, it may be a little tired in places but the service and friendly staff more than make up for it,s shortcomings.
The Truckee River river walk is only a couple of blocks south and worth taking a look.
Proximity to other establishments is good which means you can enjoy an occasional change of scenery. We would certainly recommend you give this hotel a chance. We will be back again in the near future.

Room Tip: Stay in the newer West Tower rooms which are closer to the Casino. We encountered no noise on the 9...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Bopper65

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,063)
Lancaster, California
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We found a great rate on Travelocity; but, now I see why it was so inexpensive. The room was small and dank; every time the air kicked on you could smell the cigarette smoke--not very pleasant for a non-smoker.

Pros:
Inexpensive
Good water pressure and shower head
Friendly
Free parking
Clean linens

Cons:
Uncomfortable bed
Cigarette smell
Dirty rooms
Old furniture
Internet at $11/day

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker, there are no good rooms as the ventilation is inadequate to filter the smok...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JAMROX69CA
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I booked a room via Travelocity three hours prior to my arrival and the hotel did not have the reservation in their system (not the hotel's fault) and I had to call Travelocity to email the reservation to the hotel front desk. The front desk staff were helpful and as soon a Travelocity got their business together, I was on my way to my room.

It's was a long walk to the elevators but once I got up in my room I was pleased with the size of the room and the cleanliness. There was nothing outstanding but like I said, it was clean, the bed was comfortable and I had a nice view of the mountains. Usual amenities like iron and board, hair dryer, shampoo/conditioner, etc. are all provided.

I met with friends also staying at Harrah's and we grabbed dinner at Ichiban Japanese steakhouse off the casino on the ground floor. Afterward we gambled a bit and headed back to our rooms. The hotel/casino has over-street walkways so we could walk from one tower to the other without exiting the hotel/casino.

The next morning we had breakfast at Hash House a Go Go, also in the hotel, and there's a Starbucks in the hotel also.

I would stay again if in Reno.

Room Tip: I was told that rooms in the west tower are renovated but I didn't get to see any of them becaus...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank amz94102
Elon, North Carolina
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one complimentary night when we came to Reno to see a show and do some gambling. Upon arrival we were given an upgrade to a King suite, and we were pleasantly surprised with the room. It had a mini bar and a jacuzzi tub, which even though we were only there one night was a nice amenity. The property is older and could use some updates, but the bed was brand new and very comfortable.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Geoff O
Sacramento, California
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Check in was very bad the woman was awful & she caused me to get very angry! She quoted deposit amounts for the two days we were there, never ever heard that before! The room was for handicap & it smelled like linenmint oil soaked in matress. Whole room smelled & was told only smoking king room available or nonsmoking handicap room.

• Stayed February 2014

Travelers are raving about these Reno hotels

Fresno
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Stayed at this hotel on a business trip. I found a great rate on their web site. I am sorry to say, that was about the only really good thing I can say about this property. I did not rate it as poor, but is was very close. I was given a room on a high floor for the view. The window were so dirty, I couldn't see out very well. The room was small and had a musty smell to it. The bed was like sleeping on cement. If you like hard beds, this would be great. The Harrah's brand has always been on of my favorites to stay at. This Harrah's needs to take a look at itself. Even for the price I paid, I don't think I will return.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank MickeyP_13
Winsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed here for 2nights we had come up from Vegas to see Reno and we were not disappointed.this hotel is right in downtown Reno so we parked the car because everything is within walking distance.our room was fantastic with a good view of downtown Reno and mountains,we only ate here at the breakfast buffet but it has to be one of the best we have had not just in Reno or Vegas but in Nevada well done harrahs Reno and thank you.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple