“Clean, Centrally Located” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco, California
“Clean, Centrally Located”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I booked a room via Travelocity three hours prior to my arrival and the hotel did not have the reservation in their system (not the hotel's fault) and I had to call Travelocity to email the reservation to the hotel front desk. The front desk staff were helpful and as soon a Travelocity got their business together, I was on my way to my room.

It's was a long walk to the elevators but once I got up in my room I was pleased with the size of the room and the cleanliness. There was nothing outstanding but like I said, it was clean, the bed was comfortable and I had a nice view of the mountains. Usual amenities like iron and board, hair dryer, shampoo/conditioner, etc. are all provided.

I met with friends also staying at Harrah's and we grabbed dinner at Ichiban Japanese steakhouse off the casino on the ground floor. Afterward we gambled a bit and headed back to our rooms. The hotel/casino has over-street walkways so we could walk from one tower to the other without exiting the hotel/casino.

The next morning we had breakfast at Hash House a Go Go, also in the hotel, and there's a Starbucks in the hotel also.

I would stay again if in Reno.

Room Tip: I was told that rooms in the west tower are renovated but I didn't get to see any of them becaus...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank amz94102

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (720)
Elon, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one complimentary night when we came to Reno to see a show and do some gambling. Upon arrival we were given an upgrade to a King suite, and we were pleasantly surprised with the room. It had a mini bar and a jacuzzi tub, which even though we were only there one night was a nice amenity. The property is older and could use some updates, but the bed was brand new and very comfortable.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Geoff O
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Check in was very bad the woman was awful & she caused me to get very angry! She quoted deposit amounts for the two days we were there, never ever heard that before! The room was for handicap & it smelled like linenmint oil soaked in matress. Whole room smelled & was told only smoking king room available or nonsmoking handicap room.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Reno hotels

Fresno
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Stayed at this hotel on a business trip. I found a great rate on their web site. I am sorry to say, that was about the only really good thing I can say about this property. I did not rate it as poor, but is was very close. I was given a room on a high floor for the view. The window were so dirty, I couldn't see out very well. The room was small and had a musty smell to it. The bed was like sleeping on cement. If you like hard beds, this would be great. The Harrah's brand has always been on of my favorites to stay at. This Harrah's needs to take a look at itself. Even for the price I paid, I don't think I will return.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank MickeyP_13
Winsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed here for 2nights we had come up from Vegas to see Reno and we were not disappointed.this hotel is right in downtown Reno so we parked the car because everything is within walking distance.our room was fantastic with a good view of downtown Reno and mountains,we only ate here at the breakfast buffet but it has to be one of the best we have had not just in Reno or Vegas but in Nevada well done harrahs Reno and thank you.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank rdwilko
Everett, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I had a great clean quiet room with a stunning view of the mountains. Just what I wanted downtown next to everything. And it was cheap. Parking was free. The outdoor pool was unfortunately closed in February.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank GenotheViking
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I stayed at Harrah's Reno Jan 25-30, 2014 and was pleasantly surprised, given some of the neg reviews here, how much I enjoyed my stay. Check-in took minutes, Edna at desk was extremely nice with big smile, and our West Tower room was available at 9am! The room was recently updated, had a frige and safe, and even with two double beds was plenty large for the three of us. Also the bathroom was huge. Daily maid service was efficient and I was glad to see the charge-by-cup coffee was no more.

Also enjoyed the casino, which after exploring the many options in the downtown area became our go to place to gamble. While the interior could use updating the slots were loose and the dealers at the table games extremely fun! Starbucks was handy, Hash House a Go-Go and the Joy Luck Noodle Bar fantastic, and Harrah's Steak House a real treat, great service and terrific food.

Wonderful experience, will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: west town rooms have terrific east mountain sunrise views.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank smilo300
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reno
Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno
Whitney Peak Hotel
#10 of 64 in Reno
4.0 of 5 stars 1,590 reviews
Silver Legacy Resort and Casino

Been to Harrah's Reno? Share your experiences!