“Great Room”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Elon, North Carolina
“Great Room”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one complimentary night when we came to Reno to see a show and do some gambling. Upon arrival we were given an upgrade to a King suite, and we were pleasantly surprised with the room. It had a mini bar and a jacuzzi tub, which even though we were only there one night was a nice amenity. The property is older and could use some updates, but the bed was brand new and very comfortable.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Geoff O

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,106)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Check in was very bad the woman was awful & she caused me to get very angry! She quoted deposit amounts for the two days we were there, never ever heard that before! The room was for handicap & it smelled like linenmint oil soaked in matress. Whole room smelled & was told only smoking king room available or nonsmoking handicap room.

• Stayed February 2014

Travelers are raving about these Reno hotels

Fresno
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Stayed at this hotel on a business trip. I found a great rate on their web site. I am sorry to say, that was about the only really good thing I can say about this property. I did not rate it as poor, but is was very close. I was given a room on a high floor for the view. The window were so dirty, I couldn't see out very well. The room was small and had a musty smell to it. The bed was like sleeping on cement. If you like hard beds, this would be great. The Harrah's brand has always been on of my favorites to stay at. This Harrah's needs to take a look at itself. Even for the price I paid, I don't think I will return.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank MickeyP_13
Winsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed here for 2nights we had come up from Vegas to see Reno and we were not disappointed.this hotel is right in downtown Reno so we parked the car because everything is within walking distance.our room was fantastic with a good view of downtown Reno and mountains,we only ate here at the breakfast buffet but it has to be one of the best we have had not just in Reno or Vegas but in Nevada well done harrahs Reno and thank you.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank rdwilko
Everett, Washington
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I had a great clean quiet room with a stunning view of the mountains. Just what I wanted downtown next to everything. And it was cheap. Parking was free. The outdoor pool was unfortunately closed in February.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank GenotheViking
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I stayed at Harrah's Reno Jan 25-30, 2014 and was pleasantly surprised, given some of the neg reviews here, how much I enjoyed my stay. Check-in took minutes, Edna at desk was extremely nice with big smile, and our West Tower room was available at 9am! The room was recently updated, had a frige and safe, and even with two double beds was plenty large for the three of us. Also the bathroom was huge. Daily maid service was efficient and I was glad to see the charge-by-cup coffee was no more.

Also enjoyed the casino, which after exploring the many options in the downtown area became our go to place to gamble. While the interior could use updating the slots were loose and the dealers at the table games extremely fun! Starbucks was handy, Hash House a Go-Go and the Joy Luck Noodle Bar fantastic, and Harrah's Steak House a real treat, great service and terrific food.

Wonderful experience, will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: west town rooms have terrific east mountain sunrise views.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank smilo300
San Jose, California
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Have been staying here for years whenever I come to Reno. Their service is friendly and while the property is a bit dated, they have made small improvements over the years. I suggest getting a west tower room as those are a little more spruced up than the ones in the east tower. But if you're staying here it's usually for gambling and going out, so the room condition isn't that important.

They provide a free shuttle from the airport and the location is central to all the casinos in Reno. The rates are very good for the area and I suggest signing up for the casino's player card as it does help you save a little. They also upgraded me to the west tower which was appreciated. The amenities for the room are sparse and they do charge a bit for things like water, internet, etc. But they really do have great customer service and they do their best to make your stay a pleasant one.

Green Features: they do provide info on the towels, conservation of water, etc.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo