“Hotel with Casino on G/F”
Review of Harrah's Reno

Harrah's Reno
Ranked #18 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersBronze level
hk
“Hotel with Casino on G/F”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

If you book ahead, the price is quite good around US$54 per nite. However, everything in the room cost $$$. Even bottled water (no complementary water) , and coffee with coffee machine the the room, wifi cost around US$10 per day. Got smoking room and non smoking room. The room I got is 2 double (not Queen) bedroom. It may fit 2 skinny people, therefore, the room may fit for 4 person.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on higher floor. Got better view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank turhanwoo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,063)
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Stayed two nights on the way to San Fran. Harrah's is easy to find once you get downtown. Reception was quick and pleasant. Self parking is easy enough, you have to park on the fourth floor as the lower levels are reserved.

The room ranks well with other casino hotels and is an excellent value. It is large, comfy, and well apointed. I thoroughly enjoyed the view of downtown Reno. The only minor drawback was that I had to move a heavy desk to find an AC outlet for my computer. Internet was abut $10 so I just skipped it for a couple days.

Having a Starbuck's in the casino was a real convenience. The dinner buffet is typical, I knew what to expect and enjoyed it. I also tried Hash House a Go Go, the glutton in me ordered the ONE POUND stuffed burger; it looked fantastic but was underseasoned, side salad was splendid. Most the plates I saw around me looked really appetizing and the service was excellent so I would gladly try something different next time. The Vietnamese restaurant across the street is fabulous, had pho for lunch twice.

The casino floor is small compared to some of it's neighbors but still fun to walk around. I would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank EatSeeDo
San Jose, Ca
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I bring my dog for the pet stay rooms (east tower only). They recently added a pet relief area just outside the doors nearest the east elevators.
Staff are great, and the steakhouse is incredible. Try the made at the table Caesar salad, and the made at table steak Diane.
Promotions are good and casino staff friendly and very professional. Hash House aGoGo has amazing breakfasts with "you won't believe" portion sizes. My wife and I could usually share one of their half-size senior portions.

Room Tip: West tower rooms are closer to the action
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This is a great casino with nice rooms! Make sure you stay on the west tower! I enjoyed my staying. Room was very clean. Front Desk people were very friendly. Samantha the manager was the best! Super nice lady! Will stay again for sure!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MyBoraBoraDream
Napa, California
Reviewed November 7, 2013

1) Was booked into a room that had glass all over the bathroom floor, was there when first arrived in room. I attempted to clean up myself but found tiny shards all over. Called housekeeping, they came and vacuumed the carpet...? Issues was in the bathroom.... Their solution, give us a mini fridge with free soda, and there was still glass. Fine Ill deal with it. At this point Im tired of going over the same issue with them.
2) We left the room right after to enjoy Reno, return and shut the door of the bathroom to find someone else's belt in, I did not see it earlier as I was watching the glass so my feet dont get all cut up. Call again the front desk "I'll send housekeeping up... or do you want to just move to another room"
Another room! Obviously this room is still dirty from the last people. Gross!!!!
3) Bell man 'here is your new keys, room ...' left us to figure out which floor, room, never wrote down room number told it to us once then he was gone. We were left to find it ourselves. Oh and the fridge with the drinks that where given as a fix for the inconvenience was left in the first room, I guess if I wanted it at the new room I should have filled my luggage with the drink provided or pk fridg up
4) Check out, 'how was your stay' she had no idea about the hell we went through over the course of hours and repeated calls. Obviously no notes where written on our account about everything that happened.
Overall: It was a joke to stay there, horrible service all around
Went to celebrate our anniversary, no one cares, no extras etc. Treated like we were an inconvenience to their daily lives.

Room Tip: WIfi, coffee in room, spa (hot tub) is all extra $. Higher rooms have better views. East Wing is jus...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jenna H

Travelers are raving about these Reno hotels

Spring, Texas, USA
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My wife and I only spent one night here as we were traveling through Nevada. When you first walk into the reception area you know that this is a old resort. Customer service was OK as was the food. However the furnishings were dated, carpets were old and stained, place reeked of smoke and the room smelled of air freshener which indicated that they were trying to mask some smell. Doubt we will ever stay here again unless it is updated.

Room Tip: If you stay in Reno, be sure to check hotel reviews on Trip Advisor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paul J
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This place is a tired, dumpy casino full of smoke and low-class "entertainment." Surly check in person explained to me that my booking.com price quoted would not be honored. I still have to check into that. My room smelled like urine and had bizarre stains on the decorative bed pillows. Yuck. No room safe and a mini Keurig charging 1.50 for a cup of coffee. The gym charges 5- day for use What three-star hotel charges for things like inroom coffee and gym use? Nickel and diming...

The East Tower is not only inconvenient, but you have to walk down this lonely corridor to the elevators past Quizno's and the public bathrooms that smell like there's a sewer pipe leak somewhere. The lonely corridor seems unsafe. The Quiznos has its own unappealing smell. The whole place is just gross.

One evening there was a pole dancer essentially in the lobby. The poor girl looked like someone's kid, just barely legal age, gyrating in what looked like a pair of Fruit of the Loom boyshorts and a ripped t-shirt. It was just sad. The girls in the halter tops looked more sleazy than glamorous. There is an air of desperation to the place. If you wander down the street to the Eldorado, it's completely different. Much nicer.

I'd chosen Harrah's because it was a known name hotel. If I had to do it over again, I'd book the Eldorado. Cleaner, more updated, classier.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel. IF you must stay here, ask for the West tower.
Green Features: Are they saving money by not laundering things like decorative pillows, like mine covered in mystery stains?
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo