“A little tired, but good value” 4 of 5 stars

Harrah's Reno
Ranked #17 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Jose, Ca
“A little tired, but good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I bring my dog for the pet stay rooms (east tower only). They recently added a pet relief area just outside the doors nearest the east elevators.
Staff are great, and the steakhouse is incredible. Try the made at the table Caesar salad, and the made at table steak Diane.
Promotions are good and casino staff friendly and very professional. Hash House aGoGo has amazing breakfasts with "you won't believe" portion sizes. My wife and I could usually share one of their half-size senior portions.

Room Tip: West tower rooms are closer to the action
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (721)
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

This is a great casino with nice rooms! Make sure you stay on the west tower! I enjoyed my staying. Room was very clean. Front Desk people were very friendly. Samantha the manager was the best! Super nice lady! Will stay again for sure!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MyBoraBoraDream
Napa, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

1) Was booked into a room that had glass all over the bathroom floor, was there when first arrived in room. I attempted to clean up myself but found tiny shards all over. Called housekeeping, they came and vacuumed the carpet...? Issues was in the bathroom.... Their solution, give us a mini fridge with free soda, and there was still glass. Fine Ill deal with it. At this point Im tired of going over the same issue with them.
2) We left the room right after to enjoy Reno, return and shut the door of the bathroom to find someone else's belt in, I did not see it earlier as I was watching the glass so my feet dont get all cut up. Call again the front desk "I'll send housekeeping up... or do you want to just move to another room"
Another room! Obviously this room is still dirty from the last people. Gross!!!!
3) Bell man 'here is your new keys, room ...' left us to figure out which floor, room, never wrote down room number told it to us once then he was gone. We were left to find it ourselves. Oh and the fridge with the drinks that where given as a fix for the inconvenience was left in the first room, I guess if I wanted it at the new room I should have filled my luggage with the drink provided or pk fridg up
4) Check out, 'how was your stay' she had no idea about the hell we went through over the course of hours and repeated calls. Obviously no notes where written on our account about everything that happened.
Overall: It was a joke to stay there, horrible service all around
Went to celebrate our anniversary, no one cares, no extras etc. Treated like we were an inconvenience to their daily lives.

Room Tip: WIfi, coffee in room, spa (hot tub) is all extra $. Higher rooms have better views. East Wing is jus...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jenna H

Travelers are raving about these Reno hotels

Spring, Texas, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

My wife and I only spent one night here as we were traveling through Nevada. When you first walk into the reception area you know that this is a old resort. Customer service was OK as was the food. However the furnishings were dated, carpets were old and stained, place reeked of smoke and the room smelled of air freshener which indicated that they were trying to mask some smell. Doubt we will ever stay here again unless it is updated.

Room Tip: If you stay in Reno, be sure to check hotel reviews on Trip Advisor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paul J
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

This place is a tired, dumpy casino full of smoke and low-class "entertainment." Surly check in person explained to me that my booking.com price quoted would not be honored. I still have to check into that. My room smelled like urine and had bizarre stains on the decorative bed pillows. Yuck. No room safe and a mini Keurig charging 1.50 for a cup of coffee. The gym charges 5- day for use What three-star hotel charges for things like inroom coffee and gym use? Nickel and diming...

The East Tower is not only inconvenient, but you have to walk down this lonely corridor to the elevators past Quizno's and the public bathrooms that smell like there's a sewer pipe leak somewhere. The lonely corridor seems unsafe. The Quiznos has its own unappealing smell. The whole place is just gross.

One evening there was a pole dancer essentially in the lobby. The poor girl looked like someone's kid, just barely legal age, gyrating in what looked like a pair of Fruit of the Loom boyshorts and a ripped t-shirt. It was just sad. The girls in the halter tops looked more sleazy than glamorous. There is an air of desperation to the place. If you wander down the street to the Eldorado, it's completely different. Much nicer.

I'd chosen Harrah's because it was a known name hotel. If I had to do it over again, I'd book the Eldorado. Cleaner, more updated, classier.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel. IF you must stay here, ask for the West tower.
Green Features: Are they saving money by not laundering things like decorative pillows, like mine covered in mystery stains?
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank CarolineMcMuffin
Juneau, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

After being snubbed after staying loyally at another location for my semi-annual trips, I decided to look around for another hotel and am sold on Harrah's! Excellent customer service the moment I walked up to the counter and the room was very nice as well (and low-priced). Easy location to get into downtown and plenty of choices for food and entertainment. Had a blast on the floor and never had to leave. Went back a second time a few days later on my way out of the area and had a similarly good time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I only stayed at the Harrah's Reno one evening before heading to Tahoe. I got in late so I didn't get to spend too much time as I went straight to bed.

The rooms were pretty average and dated, but I wasn't expecting too much as the night stay was around $40/night. The bed was comfy, but I was so tired after flying in from Sydney that the floor would have been amazing. None the less it was an overall comfortable stay in the room.

Staff was friendly and helpful. I left in the morning so I didn't get much time in the casino, but it had it's Reno charm to it. This place is CHEAP and it's very central if you're planning on staying in Reno.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reno
Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno
Whitney Peak Hotel
#10 of 64 in Reno
4.0 of 5 stars 1,594 reviews
Silver Legacy Resort and Casino

Been to Harrah's Reno? Share your experiences!