“Customer service and great pricing (lots of fun too!)”
Review of Harrah's Reno

Harrah's Reno
Ranked #20 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 28, 2013

After being snubbed after staying loyally at another location for my semi-annual trips, I decided to look around for another hotel and am sold on Harrah's! Excellent customer service the moment I walked up to the counter and the room was very nice as well (and low-priced). Easy location to get into downtown and plenty of choices for food and entertainment. Had a blast on the floor and never had to leave. Went back a second time a few days later on my way out of the area and had a similarly good time.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I only stayed at the Harrah's Reno one evening before heading to Tahoe. I got in late so I didn't get to spend too much time as I went straight to bed.

The rooms were pretty average and dated, but I wasn't expecting too much as the night stay was around $40/night. The bed was comfy, but I was so tired after flying in from Sydney that the floor would have been amazing. None the less it was an overall comfortable stay in the room.

Staff was friendly and helpful. I left in the morning so I didn't get much time in the casino, but it had it's Reno charm to it. This place is CHEAP and it's very central if you're planning on staying in Reno.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This used to be one of the best in the area, but it's common areas as well as it's rooms are worn and shabby. Prices were really exceptionally reasonable. Their buffet for breakfast & dinner was 2 for 1. It was not great but you could find something worth eating. Our room in the east tower was quiet and clean. Hotel staff very pleasant.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This was our first trip to Reno. We are very used to Vegas but wanted to try something different. The staff at reception were very friendly and put us on the 20-something floor with an amazing view! I wasn't too impressed with the slots, but I have pretty high standards there. The restaraurants were nice and it was in a good location. There was some weird parking stuff going on and areas were closed so we had to loop around the hotel a couple times to get in, but all in all it was a nice stay and I would do it again if in Reno. I would give it about a 3.5 - it was nice but hard not to compare it to Caesar's properties in Vegas.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 15, 2013

If you have a choice, and trust me you do, do not stay at this hotel. First, there is a $50 per day charge that is not listed on the booking sites. This charge is to cover any amenity you use, which include in room bottled water @ $3 each, in room coffee @ $1.50 per cup and wifi @ $10.95 per 24 hours per device. Be careful, something in the way the clerks swipes your credit/debit card triggers a fraud alert with many banks. The bank will then freeze your card.

Desk staff was not inviting and we were made to feel like it was a chore to check us in. Then when the credit card was declined, see above, we were treated even worse and had to give a $100 cash deposit.

The room was out dated with many areas needing touch up paint and wall paper fixes. he bathroom floor had several strands of long hair and short curly hair stuck in the exposed grout. In room coffee was $1.50 per cup and bottled water which the hotel states was provided for convenience and comfort was $3 per bottle. The beds are super extra firm and more a kin to sleeping on the floor they are so hard. A request was made for softer mattresses but we were told none were available.

Casino staff was very unfriendly and dealers were almost scared to speak. A new 21 area which was advertised to be staffed by vivacious young ladies was more of an upscale strip club with pole dances, each with enough cellulite to keep a plastic surgeon employed for a long time. Not at all as this area was advertised. ATM's charged a fee of $11.95 per transaction, and you then had to go find a cashiers cage to fill out and sign paper work to receive your money.

Restaurants which included a Quizno's, two Asian style, a typical steak house, a modern fare hash house and a buffet. We only took part in the buffet and wished we had chosen somewhere else. All the food items were of the quick frozen or deep fried variety, and the prime rib, although well seasoned and prepared was served in paper thin slices, forcing you to return for more.

On our last night, we were shocked to find a large bug in one of the beds which crawled onto my leg. We tried to call the front desk but found our room phone was not working. We took the bug to the front desk and were quickly moved from our room to a suite. No one from management personally spoke to us. we did receive a call from management which was quick and really only to make sure this new room was to our liking. A member of house keeping came and collected the insect from us, but not before we took pictures of it to remind us.

Check out was very fast, quicker than others who were ahead of us in line. They were asked about their stay. When it was our turn as soon as the clerk entered our room number, she quickly processed us out and said thank you for coming. The valet was there with our vehicle and we were led out. We are sure this was due to the bug being found in our room so we would not make a fuss.

We will not be staying at this hotel or it's affiliates ever again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Littlewolfpublishing
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My sister and I just spent three nights and were disappointed to see how depressed this hotel looks. From the stained carpet to the mohair lamp, we took a step back in time. I thought the room was clean but it was still hard to walk barefoot on that carpet. I was also disappointed that there were no safes in the rooms. On a good note....we had the best dining experience at Hash A Go Go. It was almost worth taking the trip for....great service, unique food presentation and huge portions for a fair price.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor for a view
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I rented this hotel through kayak.com. because it was very cheap.I complained to the front desk and was told I would get a call from manager because I was supposed to get a non smoking room and very loud family next room.I didnt get a call back until 2 days later when I already left.Complained to kayak. Complained to harrahs. Deaf ears.

• Stayed: May 2013