“Great Location, Great Rooms, Great Deals, Average Casino and Average Hotel”
Review of Harrah's Reno

Harrah's Reno
Ranked #19 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Great Location: Harrah's Reno is very central in Downtown Reno. The famous Reno sign is right outside the hotel doors. There is also a movie theater within walking distance.

Great Rooms: The rooms are very nice and the beds are pretty comfy. Our room looked out over the Nevada mountain range. The bathtub is big and the water pressure is great.

Great Deals: Harrah's Reno is always running Groupon specials and Total Rewards also has great prices. We paid $40 for a night with a $25 dining credit, making the stay almost free! You can't beat that!

Average Casino: They are a little limited on their penny slots (which is my specialty... or my downfall...). They had several table games with minimum bets of $5-$10. It was hard to get a drink girl, which was a bummer. However, they were there and there are free drinks if you are playing in the casino (normal for Reno).

Average Hotel: The hotel is a little run down, and could use a new face lift. Nothing to complain about really. This is the only hotel I have stayed in Reno, so it is impossible to compare. All of the surrounding hotels seemed to have the same wear and tear.

Overall: Great place to stay if you are in Reno, especially if you can snag a Groupon or great deal!

Tip: Know what you are looking for when trying to find a hotel. Be aware of your needs. Just because a hotel did not meet my needs does not mean it won't meet yours and vice versa.

Room Tip: Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor. The views are better and who knows, they might upgrade you fo...
1  Thank zeke h

Reviewed November 18, 2012

While staying at Harrahs Reno, my girl and I decided to go out and gamble a bit but she had forgotten her makeup bag in my truck. I decided to go get it for her and found a Starbucks at the base of the elevators. I decided to look around at their wares and call my girl to see if she wanted anything. She asked me to wait until we were together and we could maybe get a shot of espresso together so I left to go get her makeup. Once I returned and she was ready to go we went down to the Starbucks and ordered our coffee and two security guards came and said that they were supposed to talk to us. They didn't know why but their supervisor arrived and said that "someone said we picked up something and dropped it." Then he flat accused us of taking something. I told him that I was not a thief and let him know that I was an authority in a local business myself and could afford whatever I might want at this establishment. He then asked me aside after the two of us told him that we did not appreciate the accusation ( we started to take it lightly at first until the three of them started to interrogate us). Again he flat out accused us of theft although neither of us had taken a thing. I told him that it was not acceptable what he was doing and we left the shop only to have him and one of his officers follow us in the casino while we were gambling. We decided to go play elsewhere. Silver Legacy was much more accommodating. Harrah's, I seriously hope you read this review. We spent good amounts of money in a different casino that we would have spent at your establishment. We are hard working honest people and your over zealous, underachiever of a security guard crew made our stay with you miserable. I will be posting this on every review site possible so people out there know how valuable your guests are to you. I don't know what made your crew do what they did, but I really don't care. You ruined our stay. I would have overlooked the 1970 style room or the fact that it smelled as if you had a recent fire. I will not overlook the way you made us feel. This review is from 11/18/2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Sierrareviews
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This Harrahs hotel and casino is the original property in the Harrahs chain. It has been added on to in bits and pieces - sort of like lean-tos in the olden days. The staff is proud of its history and it was interesting to know that I was at the beginning. That said, you should not expect a Las Vegas-type venue. It is small, midweek, it was quiet, the Noodle Bar closed at 8 p.m.
On the positive side, the staff is very attentive. I received a welcoming phone call the day before I arrived; my "account executive" found and greeted me while I was there and he called me at home a few days later. Another staffer personally invited me to come and participate in some free spins for prizes. I had a really nice big room and it was immaculate I was passing through enroute to Squaw Valley and I was only there for 24 hours but I had a good time and I would stop again..

Room Tip: My room was a corner suite and a bit of a distance from the elevator. I did not have any noise issu...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Carolyn J
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed here for a few nights. The rooms were a little dated, as were the rest of the hotel corridors. We paid $10/day extra to stay in the West Building, but it didn't seem to be worth the extra cost. My girlfriend enjoyed their massage service. The buffet is average (nothing compared to Vegas!). Overall, it was a fun stay

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is now an "older" property, but the staff are the best-trained one could find anywhere. Everyone, from the slot techs to the executive staff, greets guests with a "Hello!" and a big smile. The rooms are well maintained and the housekeeping staff seems to really care. We've been staying at this property for almost 25 years and just love going back.

Room Tip: West tower is older but better. Upper floors all have refrigerators.
1  Thank coxcmc
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Passing through on our way with my fiance to Portland and stopped in Reno for the night. The room was okay for what the price was. It was comfortable and the shower and bathroom also was decent. It wasn't the best hotel but the proximity to all of Reno's nightlife and gaming made it worth it. Room Service was perfect the next morning after drinking and gambling all night.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

The Hotel itself was nice, friendly staff, comfortable room. However, Reno itself is not a place I would visit again unless passing through on the way to somewhere else(which we were).The streets around are dark and dreary, didn't really feel safe walking more than to the casino next door.

2  Thank betty3ne