“Good Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 66 Hotels in Reno
sac delta
“Good Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We have stayed here several times before and have always liked it. Rooms are always clean, staff friendly and helpful. But breakfast is like a zoo. Food is always good and hot but the staff can not keep up with the cattle call. Seems free food brings out the worst in people. Especially parents who do not watch or control their kids. Great job anyway to the staff.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank tlcroses

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We decided to stay at this hotel while traveling to Reno for our anniversary. Before arriving, I called the hotel and spoke with Griselda (very sweet lady) asking her if she could write a little "Happy Anniversary" note and place it in the room to surprise my hubby. Not only did she write the note but she even made a cute little basket of goodies as well as giving us a beautiful mountain view.

We checked in super late with Janice (another very kind associate). She wished us a happy anniversary as we walked through the doors.

During check out, Daniel helped us (who I believe was one of the managers) and didn't seem surprised at all to hear praises about his kind staff.

I would absolutely come back to this hotel when in Reno. We missed out on breakfast each day because we stayed out so late, but the room was clean, the hotel was quiet, the property looked very well maintained.

As a front desk Manager of another Marriott property myself, I pay attention to these kinds of things. This hotel was fantastic and the staff truly made our anniversary unforgettable.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ams5132
Eagle, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stayed here for one night. Close to the airport. My room was large, but it was smelly--like stale smoke. The grounds appear to be well kept, although lighting at night is very dim.

I tried to call the front desk on the phone, but it didn't a direct dial button. I ended up calling the front desk with my cell phone.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Evan at the front desk was awesome. He was pleasant and he spent the time to give us recommendations on where we should go. We had planned to go downtown, but he mentioned the Peppermill had everything we needed and would be a cheaper taxi fare. The Peppermill was about a $20 taxi ride and had Food, drinks, gambling, and a night club with Dancing into the wee hours. Everything we needed in one place. Breakfast was very good and I was impressed that they continued to bring out fresh food right up until breakfast time ended. It would have been nice to stay downtown Reno, but this was a great alternate and probably gave us a better night sleep.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Redwood City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Located in an "industrial/office" area, the area is pretty quiet with not too many dining options immediately around it.

We stayed at the hotel during memorial weekend so it was really crowded at breakfast. The hotel staff were nice and helpful.

The hotel has a small outdoor pool, basketball court and small gym - all pretty decent.

I had a comfortable stay at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Travelnow2011db
Del Mar, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stay at a lot of Residence Inn's because they always deliver a consistent product nationwide. This one however missed on a couple of levels. I have never stayed at a Residence Inn that had a noisy air conditioner in the room. This one had one of the noisiest a/c units I have ever encountered at a Residence inn. It was so noisy we had to turn it off at night because there was no way we would be able to sleep. I saw a T/A review that said they were renovating the hotel, I sure hope our room wasn't one of them that had been renovated, because it needed some major help. The breakfast was ok, nothing special, just adequate. All in all not quite up to the standard Residence Inn, I wanted to give it a better review, but just couldn't and I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank Michael D
Vacaville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Friendly and accomodating staff members who were refreshingly polite. As a guest there for medical reasons, I'm certain that I chose the best place possible to stay. Ethan, Jared, Gricelda, Meaghan, Aaron, Carlos and Lucina were outstandingly hospitable. I will stay there again when I return to Reno.

Room Tip: Even room #s in the B building face north and avoid morning sun piercing through. The 2 bedroom suit...