“Recent visit”

Ranked #15 of 64 Hotels in Reno
BOYS HOT SPRING
“Recent visit”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I have always enjoyed my visits to Boomtown but I did miss having a basic type 24 hour restaurant. I tend to keep unusual hours while playing the tables. I like that the dealers can keep their tips. We stay at Boomtown a couple of times per year for gambling pleasure trips and for a start / stop point when we travel across Nevada.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
SONOMA, USA
Reviewed November 2, 2013

A comfortble hotel with a friendly staff. The casino is very well thought out (but no-smoking would be nice). The north tower rooms are large and comfortable. The Bistro is great. Good food and good service. Over all Boomtown is a great place to spend a few days...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Brooke M, Manager at Best Western Plus Boomtown Casino Hotel, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Walter
Thank you for the nice review of our hotel and casino. We greatly appreciate your business and we hope you come back and visit us soon. Thank you!
Rio Dell
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We have been staying at Boomtown for years and have always had a great room and great service. This stay was not the same. We usually stay in the North Tower but this time we were put up in the South tower. The room was to be a king non-smoking but the hallway and room smelled of smoke. I have allergies and the smoke smell in the room bothered me. We did have a great time and we won a little money. I will go back and stay again but will make sure that we get the North rooms!

Linda
Thank you for recent review. I'm sorry that your stay with us this last time was not up to your expectations. We appreciate your business and hope that your next stay here at Boomtown will be better. Your feedback is important and we will look into your issues so we can better our guest service. Come back and see us soon. Thank you!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 1, 2013

The first room we checked into smelled like a brothel in the summer time with a dash of cigarette smoke. I then went to the front desk and was reluctantly given a second room. That room smelled ok but it was absolutely the dirtest room that we had ever seen! If it wasn't so late at night and being exhausted from traveling we would had tried to find other accomodations.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thank you for your recent review. I'm sorry to hear that your experience with us was so poor. If you would like to further discuss your issues please feel free to give us a call. Your feedback is important in how we can better serve you. We try to address everyones issues and each one is important. I hope you reconsider and come back and visit us again. Thank you!
ROCKLIN
Reviewed November 1, 2013

The rooms are nice and comfortable. Brunch at the Buffet was excellent! I found the staff to be helpful and friendly. I really like the way the casino floor is laid out..Very roomy! I should add it's also nice to leave with more than you came with!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Lyle
Thank you for your recent review of Boomtown and congratulations on winning some money! We hope you enjoyed the recent improvements on the hotel and casino and the new games we offer. Come back and see us again soon. Thank you!
FALLON
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My wife and I have been making 4-6 trips a year to Boomtown now sense 1970. We have enjoyed every trip. The staff, food, and accommodations are the best in Reno. The staff and dealers are the friendliness anywhere. Thanks for the good times. See you again soon.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Michael
Thank you for your lovely review of Boomtown. We appreciate your business and your feedback on how our business is doing. We look forward to having you visit us again. Thank you!
Lockwood
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Got the advertised $20.00 room. The $20 rooms are in the oldest part of hotel. Carpets stained furniture scratched up and bed so worn out on one side you roll out unless you sleep in middle. The linens, room and bathrooms were clean. I had read previous reviews saying the same thing so knew what yo expect. I will say NEVER eat at the bistro. It was terrible. I ordered french toast it was like eating raw dough. Only the edges were done. It ruined my appetite. When brought to waiters attention he said sorry will bring it up to the cooks attention. No offer to get me something else or discount . I am sure that the representative will respond same as other comments. Sorry you were not happy. New owners trying to make it better. Call us if you would like discuss. So basically they are aware of problems.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your time to review our hotel and casino. I have read your review and yes we are aware of the problems in our South Tower. We are working to make improvements to those rooms. I do apologize for your service at the Bistro and I will let the food and beverage supervisor know the issues you had so they can be resolved. We do appreciate your feedback because it helps to better our guest services. We hope you reconsider and come back to visit us again. Thank you!