“Showing its age and little far from town.”

Best Western Plus Boomtown Casino Hotel
Ranked #14 of 63 Hotels in Reno
Reviewed October 9, 2013

When we booked this hotel we thought it would be a little closer to Reno. Although the location gave us a quick shot at saying we were in California on the trip.

We were put in a room in what I hope was a section of the hotel that was going to be remodeled soon because it needed it. On a cold night we found that the heat didn't work. Contractors had been working on it for days, yet the desk clerk made no mention of it.

After making a complaint that the lower 60's was not an ideal hotel room temperature, rather than an apology or an offer to switch wings of the hotel we were told we could request extra blankets.

On check out I expected to maybe get a little break on the room rate. I didn't even get an I'm sorry. I think it was a growl.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room. Or, at the least one with heat and A/C.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Brooke M, Manager at Best Western Plus Boomtown Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Joe
Thank you for your recent review of Boomtown. I was sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations and that you had a negative experience. The new owners are doing some extensive remodels and we are trying to address the issues with the hotel and casino. Your feedback is important to us and if you would like to discuss your issues further we'd be happy to speak with you. We hope you reconsider and come back to visit us again. Thank you!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I've been traveling to Reno from Northern California for over 20 years now and my preference continues to be Boomtown Casino and Hotel. As a retired soldier, I've had the opportunity to stay at numerous destinations in several Countries and, the one thing that sets one stay above the others is always Customer Service. The accommodations and amenities are excellent! Over the past two years, under new management, the restaurants have improved tremendously and offer diverse menus for your dining pleasure. Boomtown Casino is just the right size if you want to feel appreciated for spending your time and money in Reno. The Staff, as well as Management, is friendly and approachable. They have two very "gifted" Casino Host, Michael Ruppel and, Mike Milano who will go above and beyond the "call of duty" to insure your stay is a memorable one.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dwayne
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel and casino. I was glad to hear that the changes the new owners have made is being recongnized and appreciated. We are always striving to provide the best possible guest service. Please come back and visit us again soon. Thank you!

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at boomtown with my partner and I was amazed by the room setup and how clean it was. Yes going through the hallways you don't expect to find something very nice. But once you open your room door you're in awe. I have to say one of the best rooms I have been offered to stay in. Very very happy my girlfriend and I are. We will do it again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TeamChevy450

Thank you for your recent review of Boomtown. I was glad to hear that you and your girlfriend enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you come back and visit us again soon. Thank you!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

While working in Squaw Valley, decided to take the crew to Reno, We usually stay downtown, but, due to trouble with a truck, ended up at Boomtown. We were offered rooms in the South tower for $24 or the North for $45. Decided to blow company money and take the North Tower. The rooms were large, comfortable. Took a few elevator rides to find our rooms, the numbering system is not very intuitive, but we endured.
The wireless was good, but took a while to figure out how to logon (you need to go to the TV menu to get your logon code.)

Had dinner in the resteraunt, the only one open, as it was kind of late. The food was good, not overly priced, in the $25 per person range. The wine list was limited, in that they did not have the first two I ordered. But did end up with a good Lodi CA wine. Service was good.

Complaints are minor: no bathmat that I could find, but used a towel. And the TV system is a mess: definaly needs an upgrade. As Cox goes more digital, there are more blank channels, and no guide to help. No HD.

Room Tip: Go NORTH, not South.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for recent review of our hotel and casino. I was happy to hear that you and your crew enjoyed your stay with us. The minor complaints you did have I will look into. We appreciate your feedback and it is important in bettering our guest services. I hope you and your company consider us again for your next stay. Thank you!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

This place used to be ok, pool and lots of resturants. Now no pool only a few places to dine. no Reno shuttle. North tower rooms ok South tower filthy and falling apart. They messed up our reservation over hot August nights and it took over two hours on the side of the road trying to get someone to fix the problem. It was a matter of a spelling error. Boomtown could not find us but we booked through Orbits and with their help they found us.Last but not least my husband fell in the shower because of no bath matt andthe tub being slick from being dirty. They offered us a free breakfast so what. I said no thank you. They are supposed to make it right,what ever that means we will see. Go else where they charged over a hundred dollars for this horrible room. PS NO ROOM SERVICE

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Doris M
Brooke M, Manager at Best Western Plus Boomtown Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Doris
I was sorry to hear that your stay here at Boomtown did not meet your expectations and that you did not have a better experience with us. I also extend my deepest apologies to your husband and hope he is doing well. Boomtown has recently been taken over by a new company and they are currently working on bettering the hotel and casino to meet our guests needs. We will look into the issues you had mentioned and we greatly appreciate your feedback to help better our services. If you would like to discuss your issues further please feel free to give us a call. I hope you'll change your mind and come back to visit us again. Thank you!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Sept 13-14-Pleasant layout of room. "bar" counter-nice to have extra space. Bathroom separated by 2 doors, the bathroom counter large-extra mirror. Bed was comfortable. A little extra housekeeping around perimeter of room is needed. Housekeepers loud in voice. Slots keep you there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Brooke M, Manager at Best Western Plus Boomtown Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel and casino. I appreciate your feedback on how we're doing. We will look into the housekeeping issues that you had mentioned. If you have any other issues please feel free to give us a call. We hope you come back to visit us again soon. Thank you!

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the newly remodeled north tower. The rooms were spacious and clean. The beds were a little too soft for my taste but that's just personal preference. If you sign up for a players card you get 2 free brackets for the fun zone which is a great deal if you have kids. We ate at the bistro for breakfast, services was friendly and prompt. The food was excellent, my husband had stuffed French toast which he said was amazing. The breakfast specials were a great price. We will return for another trip :)

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Kissed_the_frog

Thank you for your recent review of Boomtown. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in the North Tower and got to enjoy the delicious breakfast at our Bistro 2100. And thank you for signing up with our Players Club. With your card you'll recieve many benefits including $4 off the buffet, freeplay, as well as hotel offers that will be sent to you in the mail. We hope that you come back and visit us soon. Thank you!