“Outstanding find!”

Best Western Plus Boomtown Casino Hotel
Ranked #14 of 63 Hotels in Reno
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Traveling from CO to CA, we were pleased to find a hotel that was quiet, clean, reasonably priced and convenient to the highway. Since we were there on a weeknight in the winter, several of the restaurants were closed but we were happy with the meals we had. We would definitely go back!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,621)

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I have stayed here quite a few times...happy every time. The rooms are clean, staff is friendly, beds are comfortable, free drinks. I just stayed here a couple days ago, gambled a bit and went home with a little more money than I came with. Also, they have GREAT COMPS! Hopefully, I'll be back soon!

Room Tip: Location is great....rooms have small refridgerators. Bring your laptops, free internet
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Yvonne B
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Every time we go out for a special occasion, we go to Boomtown. It's been our special place for over 30 years! We have our favorite room, our favorite personnel, and our favorite games. I just wish that the Sundance Cafe was still open, Cassidy's leaves a bit to be desired as far as staff and prices.

Room Tip: We prefer the South tower because the North wasn't even thought of when we first started going t...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Rooms were very clean and well presented, spacious.
We had a king room in the South Tower which was lovely.
The staff are friendly.
The casino is fairly quiet, and enjoyable.
We stayed at Boomtown while skiing at Tahoe, and used the casino occasionally in the evenings. Prices were $35 per night! Amazing value.
Recommend.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed at the Boomtown Hotel & Casino for 3 nights while attending a function. My room was in the North Tower and was quite spacious for the price. Room was clean and well-attended to each day. Found everything I needed inside the hotel. Restaurant had a fairly good menu and Peet's Coffee was there when I needed a jolt of caffiene.
My only issue was with the front desk staff; they didn't seem to know what was going on. I had a box sent to the hotel front desk so I would have it upon my arrival but when I got there no one had any knowledge of a box. Luckily they got the person in charge of the receiving dept and it was locked away there. I was also having a problem getting WiFi to work with my iPhone and was told by the front desk that their WiFi did not work with any Apple products(??). Anyway, found out the next day that was not true and it just took longer to connect, but once in all was OK.

Room Tip: I think the North Tower rooms are a bit larger with a price differential of about $20-30/night. Wel...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Mentor189
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Weeknight price was very affordable - last minute, unplanned stay. It is a VERY long walk from entrance to the front desk if you have luggage, however.....they have staff at valet that will help. We did not arrive until just before 10pm and even though a casino environment - were starving and with no place to eat except Peet's Coffee and choice of packaged sandwiches (not super appealing).
Breakfast the next morning was wonderful though. Staff very nice although checkout took a while due to only one person addressing all needs (questions, checkout, anything).
Room was great and looked new.....big television!

Room Tip: Just be prepared to walk - no matter what room or tower.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed here. Upon walking in the room we were impressed nice size room. Casino areas were really spread out and small. Im no Vegas person but thought it would have better options. So we stayed the night and in morning i shower and look down and the water is passed my ankles. Drain didn't drain. Upon checking out we were told all the south tower does not drain and tvs do not work. We get what we pay for is what we were told. Won't stay here again. Recommend it

• Stayed: October 2012