“Just introduced to restaurant, now my favorite Thai restaurant”
Review of Thai Lotus

Thai Lotus
Ranked #35 of 956 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I just went to Thai Lotus a few months ago on my friend's suggestion, and have returned many times. Whenever I take someone who has not been there, they, like I did, state it's the best Thai food in Reno. Choices are wide and I love the automatic options for different meats, rices, noodles, etc. Only problem was, it's very crowded at lunch, but they have just started expanding into the bordering building. Fantastic personal service by the owner and the food is delicious, just like in Thailand.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

This is probably the best food I've had at a Thai Restaurant.
The menu choices are very varied, we had calamari as an appetizer (always try it if it's on a menu) it was excellent. Both the crispy flush curry and Seafood Pad Thai were ordered with a heat of 4/5, my guess is it would be more of a 2 or 3 in Thailand. But both left us with a nice warm lip feel.
It's a small location, maybe 35 to 40 seats so at busy tines u may have to wait a few minutes.
All in all great value, now if they could figure out how to make decent green tea, I may be inspired to another star!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Love this little place. Food is very good. Always get right in. Staff is very friendly and professional.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Wonderful gem in an unexpected corner of Reno. The lunches are particularly nice - good portion size, extremely friendly and efficient service and a very large menu, including many vegetarian options. What a find. The only glitch is that it is a bit noisy, but considering the quality of the food, who needs to talk anyway?

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Last minute decision to eat out found us at Thai Lotus for the first time. We were surprised how busy they seemed for a Tuesday evening in Reno, but the food explained why. We had the pork larb and the shrimp pad thai. The pad thai could have been hotter (heat not spice) but the flavors were excellent. We will definitely be returning.

Been to Thai Lotus? Share your experiences!