“Got Just What I Wanted, But Too Much Smoke”

The Sands Regency Casino Hotel
Ranked #36 of 63 Hotels in Reno
Reviewed April 27, 2013

"Forget This Place"...unless you want a nice, clean room at an affordable place in a reasonably convenient location. A super low price through an online service made this a no-brainer for a solo trip needing only a pre-flight place to crash. Demand a non-smoking room and stay in your room unless you want to be in a cloud of smoke. The room décor is sparse but clean. The casino looks as if time has passed it by. I didn't try any of the food services. The transaction through the online service was flawless (my first time) and check-in was efficient. No complaints really, just the smoke warning. I'll stay there again when the price including all taxes is $23 again!

Room Tip: Beware of smoke.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed April 25, 2013

This is the second time I've stayed here and the only reason is because it's so cheap. You can find rates as low as $15/night sun-thur. It costs $9.99/day for internet if you need it. The rooms generally are old and need an updating but are clean and comfortable. At that price, it's hard to complain.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Was in Reno for a 3 day volleyball tournament at the convention center. Picked the Sands based on price. The hotel is a little worn and outdated but room was clean and that's what is important. Pool was not open yet and that was a little disappointing but fitness center had a great view. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Had dinner twice from Mel's and food was good. All in all, I feel that it was good value.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Your rooms are very clean and we always enjoy our stay there. We also like the restaurants that are available there. The rates are very affordable, especially since we get the rates from having the club card.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

A true embarrassment! The rooms were decorated like a 70's cat house and all the hotel stunk SO bad!!! You have NO hospitable amenities and it was truly mind blowing how rude the staff was ( with the exception of 1 or 2 ). I vow to Never stay there again and to keep all my friends and family from staying there!!! Pay the extra to stay else where... I promise you will not regret it!!!

2  Thank HereForFunTimes
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Sands Regency while driving from California to Idaho because we got a great deal through the hotel tonight app for a weeknight stay for only $15. First of, for $15 I don't expect much. All I cared about was a bed and a clean room and on both of those points I was satisfied. We checked in around 8 in the evening and there was a brief line, probably because there was only one person at the desk. Because the reservation had my wife's name on it the gentleman checking me in said I couldn't check in until he saw her id, which was something of an inconvenience since I've never had an issue checking in for my wife before. The bed was very comfortable and the room was large and although others on here have had issues with cleanliness we didn't find anything wrong at all with the room besides its dated decor. For the price I really couldn't complain. If you just want a basic, cheap room this is the place, if toy want anything more I'd suggest looking somewhere else.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

The first trouble started at the reservation desk when the clerk said we only reserved one room. Then he was surly when I wanted a room on the same floor. The rooms were old but clean. No amenities, thin stringy towels and expensive Wi-Fi. DO NOT EAT THERE. We ate at Mel's and 1 of our party got sick. The service was very bad and the food was worse and that was breakfast. We were too scared to eat at the buffet if we could have found the hours of operation. Management really needs to wake up and really look at that place.

1  Thank Jodwal