“Would stay here again in a heart beat” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Silver Legacy Resort and Casino

Silver Legacy Resort and Casino
Ranked #7 of 64 Hotels in Reno
San Francisco, California
“Would stay here again in a heart beat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2010

We were traveling with friends, and I wanted some place nice to stay in Reno; friends and family had all recommended the Silvery Legacy so I booked a room here. I reserved a spa suite room with my bf, and I have to say, it was worth every penny! I only wish we could have stayed longer.
Our room looked brand spank'n new! Huge bathroom with the biggest tiled shower I've ever seen. You could have fit at least 8 people in there (maybe that's the idea, hmmm), we had robes and slippers waiting for us in the closet. A huge comfy bed, and lots of perfect pillows. A large flat screen tv, a couch, the large in room jet tub was just what we needed, and the view out of our room was killer! Like I said, I wish we could have stayed for several nights, had room service, and never left!
They gave us coupons when we checked in for the buffet which we used. It wasn't too shabby I must say. Lots of good food for cheap! And the hotel itself is really beautiful. The lobby was stunning, the pool looked amazing though we never used it, the main gaming floor was gorgeous with the giant crazy mill/mining thing in the center of it all, even the elevators were nice. We visited one of the clubs there, nice drinks, and good music. And the staff all through the hotel were very nice and accommodating. I would definitely return!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DarlingStarling27

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (556)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Tarrytown, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2010

As part of a mini honeymoon getaway, my husband and I booked a suite at the Silver Legacy while visiting my parents in Reno. We stayed one night at the Silver Legacy and one night at the Eldorado (you can check out my review for that as well). I found a great rate and booked the Superior Spa Suite.

When we arrived to check in (around 7:00pm) there was about 8 people in front of us. When we approached the desk, we were informed that we had been "bumped" to another room. Nervous, I asked which one since I had already paid in advance for the suite. The gentlemen told me not to worry as we have been upgraded to a bigger room.

Excited we went up the elevators located right next to check in. After showing the security guard our room key we proceeded up to our room. The room was huge! Very big and spacious. Upon entering the double doors, you walked into the living room which also had a bar, and flat screen TV. Across from the bar was the bathroom with a huge vanity, double sinks and big shower. There was another little sitting area and then a separate room with the bed and another bathroom. The bar did have complimentary soda, juices and snacks.

My only complaint was that there was no jacuzzi in this room which we really wanted, but I figured I would have one the following night and to enjoy this upgraded perk.

We did not eat here, but we did gamble here and out of all the downtown casinos I do enjoy the layout of the Silver Legacy the best. I also love that the Silver Legacy, Eldorado & Circus Circus are all connected so you don't have to go outside.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheJmommy
San Jose
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2010

I just returned from a weekend trip. We had 3 guys sharing a room so I asked for a rollaway. I asked if we could get a large room by the elevators and the girl at the desk made it happen. I had this room last time and they have redone the carpet, furniture etc.. since. It was very spacious and super quiet. Because of the elevators you have no other guests on one side, and we heard nobody next to, above or below us. Amenities are fine and the location is great. If 3152 is open see if they will put you in it. **52 may b the same on other floors as well. BTW the pool area was clean ond not too crowded, and had drinks and snacks available. The fitness center also looked very nice and new.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2010

Had an updated room last time, but on previous visit accomodations were so nice we decided to return, but was dissapointed this visit.

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Pompano Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2010

I chose this hotel because of comments on other travel sites. It was reported to be 4 stars but i give it only 3. Our room was very dated with old furniture & carpet; the place really needs paint too but everything was clean. Supposedly the rooms are being renovated in the summer of 2010 but i guess my room wasn;t done yet. Water pressure in the shower was pretty good but it took a long time to get hot water (this was at 4 am, hardly a peak usage time). The casino is great (with loose slots) and there are many restaurants and bars within a short walk of the complex (all under the same roof, so it's kind of confusing). Thr price was right at $50 mid week so for one night it was ok.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank zookyp
Denver
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2010

I recently went to Reno for a family reunion and stayed at the Silver Legacy, as did about 50 other family members. The rooms are nice and spacious and of course, it's very convenient to the casino area---the main attraction. My only beef is how they do business. When you book and pay for the room you are charged the room rate and applicable taxes (which amounted to about 12% of the room rate). However, when I checked out I was charged an additional fee of $6.81 per night for what they term a "resort fee." This pays for "free" internet services, shuttle services, etc. For many of us, it added an additional 17% to the room rate! I don't know about you, but I'm tired of businesses that advertise great rates only to later discover that there are other mandatory costs tacked on to that rate. If the cost is mandatory they should just include it in their rate and be done with it. False advertising should be illegal. This fee made a great vacation a great vacation with a little mar on it.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
5 Thank stsaf
Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2010

Check in was smooth an fast. We were offered a glass of champagne while waiting. Room was renovated and beautful- pricey for the size of room. No amenities such as coffee but coffee shop in lobby convenient. Everyone we were in contact with was over the top in helpfulness and courtesy. Went to two restaurants and well worth the money. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple