“Stuffy room”

Ranked #8 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Ukiah, California
“Stuffy room”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed on the 29th floor. Very little airflow in the room. In October and 40 degrees outside and felt like a hot summer night inside. We bought to fans and it helped very little. We complained as we stayed 4 nights. Customer Service needs improvement.

• Stayed October 2013
Dan H, Guest Relations Manager at Silver Legacy Resort and Casino, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
We appreciate your feedback on your recent stay. We are sorry to hear of the ventilation in your room causing you to not be as comfortable as possible. We strive to maintain the highest standards for our rooms and your feedback has been sent to the appropriate departments who are addressing these issues.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have the chance to serve you better in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (561)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

This was my first time staying in Reno, and I had a pleasant stay. Everything in Reno is pretty antiquated, and that includes the hotels and casinos. During the week, room run from $25-$50, so that says a lot. Revenue managers jack the prices way up on the weekends because that's when everyone comes to gamble and party. That being said, I definitely think we overpaid ($115). I booked the room through an internet site, and paid more for a King room facing the mountains. While the room did face the mountains, they gave us a room with two queen beds. During check in, they didn't ask or tell us what kind of room it was, we just assumed that because we paid more, we would actually get the room we booked. The room was a decent size, no complaints there. Would I stay here again? Maybe.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
We would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are glad you had a pleasant stay. While there is not a price difference between two queen and one king rooms, we do try to the best of our ability to accommodate all of our guest’s requests and are sorry that we could not assign a room with a king bed.

Again, we are happy to hear you had a positive experience and we hope to see you again!
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed one night at the Silver Legacy and was pleased overall. The lobby is nice and there are a lot of restaurants in the hotel or right next door at the El Dorado. I ate at the Mexican Restaurant (Hussan's) and it was surprisingly good and authentic. The casino is nicely themed and the dome is pretty impressive.

The rooms are pretty plain but clean and comfortable. A couple of annoyances. First and foremost is the AWFUL TV remote they have in the room. You almost have to be on top of the TV to get it to work and even then it is spotty at best. It's a little piece of junk that they obviously got duped into buying for the whole hotel. It was extremely frustrating to use. Second, there's no fridge in the room but that's not too surprising given it is a casino. This is Reno so I wasn't expected Vegas style accommodations. This is probably one of the better hotel/casinos in Reno, which isn't really saying all that much.

The night we checked in the hotel was completely sold out. There was a nice gentleman manning the check-in line and I told him that I had two rooms paid for but only needed one (I had booked on Priceline). When I got to the check-in agent, I told her that I didn't need the second room so feel free to rent it out to someone else. I knew I couldn't get my money back but wanted to let them know. I didn't get so much as a thank you! I did hear "you'll have to contact Priceline about a refund." I wasn't expecting a refund! I thought it would be nice if they gave me a food voucher, upgraded room or something as a gesture of appreciation. They were turning away people in line who didn't have reservations! I could have easily not said a word and let the room go unoccupied. Instead, they were able to sell it to someone else and I got nothing. Oh well!

If I had to go to Reno again I would definitely stay here. It was fine overall if nothing spectacular. Probably about as nice as you are going to get in Reno!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your feedback on your recent stay. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the restaurants and our casino. We apologize about the issues with the television remote and we value this feedback since it helps us to improve all of our amenities.

Again, we are glad you enjoyed your stay overall and we look forward to seeing you again!
Red Bluff California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Check in was quick and easy as was check out. Room was beautiful and clean. Entire staff was exceptional, from the bellman, maids, floor personal, cocktail waitresses and the restaurants. Will go back again.
Highly recommend staying here.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dan H, Guest Relations Manager at Silver Legacy Resort and Casino, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Benicia Ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

My hubby and I stayed at the Silver Legacy for our anniversary this year and it was a blast. the room was great, we had an in room jacuzzi!! The view was superb and the staff were friendly, respectful and right on the spot. The food was great especially at The Pearl Restaraunt one of the best meals of our trip. I didnt even mind losing a little on the slot machines cause i had so much fun. I had an off the hook spa experience a wrap, 80 minute massage one of the best i ever had and enjoyed steam room, jacuzzi,and sauna. I could go on forever but won't just saying definately a great place to stay and have fun.

Room Tip: Definately choose a higher room awesome views and less noise
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I took a short 2 night midweek vacation to Reno and stayed at the Silver Legacy. We had bought a package deal through a sales person in our home town. What seemed like a good deal at the time was in fact an ok deal. We were allowed to pay for an upgrade to a suite for $30. It was worth it except for the room they gave us. It was room 418 and when we first walked in we were really pleased. Then around 4:00 in the morning we started smelling something funny and as the morning went along we realized we must be above an area near the kitchen preparing breakfast. It wasn't a good smell. I love bacon and we got none of that most heavenly of smells. It was more like onions and really strong smelling. We decided to go down to the front desk to try and trade rooms. Jose, the front desk guy was really accommodating and found us another suite on the 28th floor where there was no kitchen smell at all. The room however was smaller than 418. Neither room came with body wash but did have bar soap along with shampoo, conditioner, and lotion. Nice aroma. The jacuzzi tub came with bubble bath too. Overall the rooms were ok. The beds were comfortable. We ate at the Cafe Central and the food there is really good. We had 3 meals there and loved all of them. All in all, the trip was fun though. Some good, some not so good.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Richmond, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

We have stayed at Silver Legacy Resort and Casino several times, and we are still very happy with the service, promotions, and location. This time we got two free nights at perfect time for Street Vibrations's weekend and we were so happy an lucky to be right at the center of the fireworks! We called room service and enjoyed a delicious dinner, on a rounded beautiful decorated table which was brought it by our host! Excellent service, presentation, and delicious dinner.
We love to be able to walk through the indoors passes to either Circus Circus or El Dorado hotels, and all of the convenience of the many cafes, buffets and nice restaurants available within the premises. We spent a lot of time at the Arcade area at Circus Circus, and enjoyed the many different free show offered several times during the day, with our three years old daughter who love face painting, and they have it, so we visited the stand several times.
The only sad thing is that most of the services, shows, and restaurants are open from Friday to Sunday, since the rest of the week there is no business for them! Hope, people can still visit RENO, NEVADA more often and have a blast, and keep THE LITTLE CITY alive!

Room Tip: We stayed this time at room 1435, and it was quiet, and close to the elevators. And the view of the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family