“Relaxing Vacation”

Ranked #9 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Elverta, Ca
“Relaxing Vacation”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We visited the Silver Legacy Hotel and Casino in Reno and had a great, relaxing, stay. We had a suite room. Room was very comfortable and had a spa in the room. Everything was great! The staff were very professional and polite. They would go out of their way to make our stay one of the best trip ever.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dan H, Guest Relations Manager at Silver Legacy Resort and Casino, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are very happy to hear about your wonderful experience at the Silver Legacy and we look forward to having you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (569)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Marysville, California
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Love staying at this hotel. Always get to check in a little early, room is clean and though not huge, it is spacious enough for two for a couple of nights. The location is very central to everything and there is lots of shopping, lounges, coffee houses and restaurants. We were resting up for an evening show and ordered room service. The guy stated 20 - 25 minutes and after 40 minutes passed I called and the apologized stating the guy did not write down our room number. They sent the food right up and told us it was on the house and had thrown in some extras. There is always adequate and free garage parking and thgey also offer valet service. I have never had a bad experience while staying there.

Room Tip: in the summer, avoid the western rooms as they are above the pool, which can get noisy.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our room service staff took care of you! We look forward to having you back again soon.
Dublin
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I sleepless night for all after paying 150$ for a night. First of all when we got there in the evening street infront of the resport was blocked off for some sort of street vendors festival. We had to spend 20 minutes searching for the enterance to the parking lot. When got in the parking lot, it was full and we had to go all the way to the 10th level to find a parking... awful. Once we got to the reception we got not very welcoming reception. Reservation clerk was cold and to the point and not ready to listen to request to check to see if we can get 2 queen beds instead of 1 king bed, which what I requested earlier.
She was determind to put us in hard to sell room (room next to elevator) at 21st floor. That we realized later in the night when went to sleep in the room. That why she was not interested in our requests. We were so tired by the time we went to room to sleep and realized that it is going to be sleepless night due to continue noise from elevator running up and down and sound coming through thin walls.
On the top of this facility charges resort fee of 13$.. for what?
I would not recommend this overpriced not so great place for good night sleep.

Room Tip: You are better off staying far from casino street and will get much better value
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AGupta68
Dan H, Guest Relations Manager at Silver Legacy Resort and Casino, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on your stay at the Silver Legacy. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations regarding the check in experience and your room location.

We pride ourselves on treating every guest with the utmost respect. Please know that your feedback will be used to address this issue.

In terms of the room location, we try to the best of our ability to accommodate all of our guest’s requests but are not able to occasionally during higher occupancy time periods.

Again, thank you for the feedback and we truly hope to have the opportunity to better serve you in the future.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I should preface this by saying that I am not a gambler, so I can't say anything about the quality of the casino floor. I did appreciate, as a non-gambler, that you can basically avoid going through the smoky casino floor when coming from the parking ramp (though you still have to when entering from the street). The parking ramp was free, which is great, but it was poorly laid out (two-way traffic, and you had to traverse all the parking spots to get to a higher floor). Parking a distressing experience.

The room was large and a pretty fair price. We had a suite with a jacuzzi tub in the room, which was pretty nice and a good size for two. The bathroom was ENORMOUS, but very dated; I found it ironic that a silver-themed hotel had gaudy brass-gold fixtures. The shower was also very huge, but seemed to be a lost opportunity: it was more than big enough for two shower heads, for a nice couple's shower, but instead it just had a single shower head, making the ~8x6 space feel cavernous and awkward. The toilet seat was a particular annoyance, because it was installed improperly, and the seat would not stay up on its own. This is bad news for male guests -- and even worse, companions of male guests. When sitting down, the seat would slide around. I am sure this seat problem is not likely to affect the whole hotel, but it's a frustrating oversight.

I used the fitness center, which was surprisingly well-equipped for a hotel gym. Perhaps a little too-well-equipped, since there was barely room for all the stuff and the fellow guests in the space. The ceiling was low, making pull-ups awkward, and I could barely find a spot to lay out a mat. If you're just going to use the machines, it's probably less awkward, but it's very tight if you want to set up your own station. I didn't even attempt to use the pool, as it was tiny and filled nearly to capacity the whole time we were there. The spa was only marginally larger than the aforementioned room jacuzzi tub; the posted capacity was 4.

As for food and drink: I appreciated the Keurig coffee maker in the room. Very convenient, and the coffee was good. We ate at the Central Cafe on the mezzanine level. The food was good, but the service was excruciatingly slow. We also ordered room service; again, slow, but pretty good.

Overall, I might come back, but it would be nice if some of the details were updated and cleaned up.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your feedback on your recent stay. We are happy to hear you enjoyed some parts of the Jacuzzi Suite and other elements of the hotel. We are sorry to hear of the maintenance issues you experienced in the room. We strive to maintain the highest standards for our rooms and your feedback has been sent to the appropriate departments who are addressing these issues.

It is also unfortunate to hear of issues with the speed of service you experienced while dining. Our management team works very hard to staff according to business demands to ensure our guests are served as quickly as possible and your feedback on this is very valuable.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you in the future.
Gig Harbor
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have stayed at the Sands & Circus Circus on 2 previous trips. Silver Legacy is WAY better than both of those options! Sandwiched right between CC & Eldorado on the strip & a block across the street from Harrahs. I am a Total Rewards customer & originally wanted to stay there, but it was booked due to the Reno Rodeo participants & fans. I settled on Silvery Legacy & was not disappointed AT ALL! Room was attractive, comfortable beds, & rates were very reasonable. I felt they could have honestly charged more to take advantage of the other hotels being booked up, but fortunately they didn't & earned my respect, appreciation, & loyalty! Smoke in casino was at a minimum, good ventilation. Lots of food options, the Brewhouse Pub was fantastic, cafe was ok-nothing special. Lots of bars & gaming options. Adequate pool/spa area. I'd definately stay again & can't wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank daydreamer14
Dan H, Guest Relations Manager at Silver Legacy Resort and Casino, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
We would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and we are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again!
Roseville, California
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My wife was approached by a marketer in the Sacramento area with some hotel deals offered through Silver Legacy. The deal is $49.99 for 2 nights in a standard room (subject to availability), $10 in free play and $100 resort credit. Sounded like a good deal right so she bought two of the packages. Reading the fine print, the 2-complementary nights, free play and resort credit are completely legit for the $49.99, but also...Silver Legacy is going to hit you for an additional $29.99 per night for "Housekeeping Fees", Resort Charges and the Tax! I'm okay paying for the tax on a comp room, but another $80 on top of what I've already paid, this is a typical bait and switch scam. What you're actually paying with the marketing deal and then the fees imposed by Silver Legacy are closer to $150! Still not a bad deal for 2-night’s stay but a “housekeeping fee” comes on?!?!

I’m not typically critical but, this really upset me. My wife felt swindled and proved why we’ve stuck to the same hotels over the past 15-years. We visit Reno 5-7 times a year and have been comp'd more than just standard rooms at Peppermill and El Dorado and they've never tried weaseling in a housekeeping fee. Silver Legacy is just trying to recoup any money they can for giving you such a "great" marketing deal.

So I now have two separate packages for 2-nights each that I paid $100 dollars for, which is going to cost me almost an additional $200 to actually check in...NOT A GOOD DEAL AT ALL. I'll keep my repeat business with those that aren't trying to sneak in additional costs!

When Harrah's, Peppermill and El Dorado offer me a complimentary room, that's what I've always gotten in the past. When Silver Legacy offers me a deal for a complimentary room..."oh you just have to pay us an additional $80 on top of the $50 you paid for your complementary room" I've given them to family members and they can deal with Silver Legacy, I'll continue taking my business to the properties that aren't jabbing you for "maid-fees"!?!?

SILVER LEGACY FAIL!!!

Room Tip: Choose a room at a different property!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Justin N
Dan H, Guest Relations Manager at Silver Legacy Resort and Casino, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
We would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. It is unfortunate to hear of your experience with this offer. We strive to make sure our partners fully disclose all information up front and we apologize that this did not happen in your case. This information is being provided to the appropriate parties to make sure this does not happen in the future.

Again, thank you for your feedback.
Salt Lake City
Reviewed June 28, 2013

To me this is a 5 star hotel. I was just looking for place between my old home Mountain View CA and my new home Salt Lake City. This hotel and casino out did any of the resorts in Las Vegas. ?Granted I have only been to 11 of them but i was really empressed! My family is driving from SLC to San Francisco this next Tuesday and I want to book 2 rooms there for them all tongiht. IK cannnot go home due to work. This is a geat stopping point when traveling from East to West on I-80.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dan H, Guest Relations Manager at Silver Legacy Resort and Casino, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment and we are glad to hear you enjoyed the Silver Legacy. We look forward to having you back soon!